Contribute
Register

ANYONE USE SAPPHIRE HD5870

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be fine,

I have Gigabyte's version, no bigger differences.

which installation guide did you follow?

is there any big performance improvement from 5770?

I didnt followed any guide ;) I was reading few users expieriences from InsanelyMac and Tony's blog.

You need to download kexts from netkas site and set Graphics Enabler to "No" - its for 32 bit mode.

When you will want to switch to 64 bit mode you need to download Kabyl Boot file
from InsanelyMac or install it from multibeast and change Graphics Enabler to "Yes" and set a Kernel Flag "arch=x86_64".

If you willnt change Graphics Enabler to Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist after you apply Kabyls boot file to your root path, you will burn your card like Zero from InsanelyMac does.

Jajos said:
I didnt followed any guide ;) I was reading few users expieriences from InsanelyMac and Tony's blog.

You need to download kexts from netkas site and set Graphics Enabler to "No" - its for 32 bit mode.

When you will want to switch to 64 bit mode you need to download Kabyl Boot file
from InsanelyMac or install it from multibeast and change Graphics Enabler to "Yes" and set a Kernel Flag "arch=x86_64".

If you willnt change Graphics Enabler to Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist after you apply Kabyls boot file to your root path, you will burn your card like Zero from InsanelyMac does.
You don't need to download anything as MultiBeast contains everything you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back