Graphics
Radeon 9400m
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I'm not finding much info on how to assemble the g5 to atx cable, step by step. Anyone make a tutorial and the exact parts needed?

I'm also not opposed to buying a premade cable if the price is right. Links please and thanks!!!

Links in here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/case-mods/36543-ultimate-g5-mod-resource-thread.html

If you want a premade one links are in the thread posted above also in that thread are the links to the items needed to make the cable yourself. Not really a hard job just takes a bit to make sure you don't mess anything up.

Also here are a couple quick pics so you get an idea

IMG_4002.jpg

ProntPanelCable.jpg

IMG_5354.jpg

Cablesandjumpers.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

KICK ASS! This was like the fastest reply ever! Thank you!

Eelhead, I've looked over your G5 case mod thread many times over! Nicely done! Thanks again for replying!

Sorry for bumping up an old thread. I recently modified an old unused G5 case so that I could put my PC into it as my old ATX tower was falling apart anyway. Everything is setup and ready to go pretty much, cosmetically I can do some work after I know things will work.

My question I believe will have something to do with what is above... I basically am curious to what I am going to do come motherboard to front panel for the Power Switch. I am not concerned about LEDS, Reset, Speakers, etc... I just want to hit the Power Button on the front of the tower like any tower and have my PC bootup. I purchased a Supermicro CBL084L Front Panel Connector from eBay for cheap as I read somewhere it may do the trick... here is a picture of what I was able to save from my old tower, the white piece being what was always used on my motherboard to help signify what pin does what...

PowerSW.jpg

What was left as safely as possible from the old tower you can see the two wires dangling that are the PWR/Ground and what was always used to turn my PC on in the old tower... I do not know if they are still usable... I am supposed to receive my package tomorrow with the device I purchased off eBay.. I am hoping the device I purchased does the trick, but if not.. I am a heck of a lot lost based on what the pictures above indicate, I have seen photos to indicate what does what based on the G5's Front Panel Pins... such as below....

apple2.jpg

I will know for sure if my package comes tomorrow and I can/can't plug it in, and pop on the PC... I will also document what happens, but if someone has been here and done this and knows better than me already any help would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer not to have to solder anything as I have read individuals doing to their old wires... I would dish out whatever the cost for something premade.. which I am hoping I already have done. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back