Contribute
Register

Any info on Mojave drivers from nvidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-vii-rx-vegma3fd6/p/N82E16814150820?Description=XFX%20Radeon%20VII&cm_re=XFX_Radeon_VII-_-14-150-820-_-Product

Not really many choices. Apple has recommended XFX for higher end AMD cards for Mac Pros before. So no reason it wouldn't work. Maybe try searching the Macrumors forums where MP owners talk about how it works for them.

From AlexMaximus on Macrumors:
I used to have the Vega 64, now I have the Vega VII.
Regarding the fan noise, the Vega 64 duct fan is noisier and a lot less effective. The 64 got very hot, I do not recommend that card. The Vega VII is a lot better in terms of cooling and also a bit less noisy while having a lot more power than 64. At least it feels this way. To best describe the current fan noise, it is not super quiet as an iMac but it got better with the last OSX iterations. The question is how much of a low noise fan system do you need? The standard fans of the Mac Pro can be heard somewhat already. How much noise will be tolerable for you is relative, so assume you are in an audio-studio environment that demands low noise systems? My suspicion is also the MP PCIe Bay Boost fan that gives off some of the fan noise.

You might also post in pastrychef's Golden Build thread and ask him what he thinks of his Vega VII

Last edited:
https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-vii-rx-vegma3fd6/p/N82E16814150820?Description=XFX%20Radeon%20VII&cm_re=XFX_Radeon_VII-_-14-150-820-_-Product

Not really many choices. Apple has recommended XFX for higher end AMD cards for Mac Pros before. So no reason it wouldn't work. Maybe try searching the Macrumors forums where MP owners talk about how it works for them.

From AlexMaximus on Macrumors:

You might also post in pastrychef's Golden Build thread and ask him what he thinks of his Vega VII
Any links to discussions concerning the Radeon VII working, or being compatible, getting ready to pick one within a few days. Links to the right card? Sorry for being a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back