Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So Ive got my Hackintosh up and running now. There is just one problem that seems to still happen. At random times the system will freeze up, the mouse still moves and music still plays but everything else is unclickable so I have to do a hard shut down. Ive looked around on this forum and generally online but can't seem to find a solution. Ive tried repairing disk permissions as well and it still seems to happen. Any ideas? I have an Asus P7P55D motherboard and an EVGA GeForce 9800GT graphics card. My processor is the Intel i5 775. Not sure if any of that helps but thought Id put there in case. Thanks!

I have similar problems with my fresh install of 10.6.3, starting itunes works well most of the time but sometimes it just freezes, dvd drive sometimes freeze when trying to eject and computer shutdown sometimes freeze as well.

have you seen the running processes? has mds become stuck?

I don't think thats what it is cause I left activity monitor open the last time and it didn't seem like there was anything unusual going on. The last two times it happened I noticed a quick flicker on the screen to black and then back after the flicker it freezes. Im wondering if maybe it is something to do with the graphics card then? Not to sure but it sure is annoying. Ive already had to reboot twice in the last hour...

Ive also noticed that I have to repair disk permissions everytime I start my computer. It repairs permissions for a whole bunch of plugins in the System/Library/Extensions folder. is this normal? I have a feeling it is related to the reason my computer keeps freezing on me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@cwmonty I'm experiencing the same thing: strange system freezes (where the OS seems to be operational, but few if any processes remain responsive, and I can't really launch anything), and problems with permissions that never seem to be repaired.

Help!

Ya this is really frustrating. I went all of yesterday without a problem and then it has frozen twice in the last hour on me! I tried repairing disk permissions today but there was no problems so its nothing with that. I have turned Spotlight off and turned off Time Machine so it can't be either of those. It does it randomly whether Im doing something computer intensive or just using Finder. Everything else with this computer works great but its just annoying when this keeps happening randomly. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back