GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've been coming to this forum since it's conception. I read TonyMacs blog before that and tried to contribute as well. I'm sorry to say that I see this forum going in a way that saddens me. It has lost it's way. It started out as a forum for a specific niche in Hackintosh. That being systems based on the new core processors and the Intel P55 chipsets. I see no problem expanding to similar systems but it has become a general Hackintosh forum ala insanelymac which I really hate even going to. I fear this forum will eventually grow out of control like it and no longer be a pleasant forum to read. Even now I tend to only stay a few minutes to see if any new topic jumps out at me. Hopefully tony will get a hand on it before it is too late. People are coming here with stuff like laptops running AMD processors etc.. and posting problems trying to get multiboot working.
:thumbdown: o_O

I think this forum is awesome. Whilst I agree that people with AMD processors posting for help is a little out of the way, the general help and support and friendly attitude that this forum provides is invaluable. I would not have been able to come as far as I did, without this forum - and I thank tonymacx86, thelostswede, macman, fatshenanigans, adamsmasher - and all others who have helped.

ellnic. :) (a very happy Hackbook user - thanks to this forum)

It might be awesome now but it is only a few months old. Go check out insanelymac. It is a nightmare. I try to stay away from it. I just don't want this forum to go that way.

yes i see what you are saying. insanely mac is ridiculously cluttered to the point of being unusable. i agree that this should stay mostly p55 although iboot+multibeast is useful for any intel processor so we can't really stop them from coming here. i think as long as tonymac and the mods keep unrelated posts out then it shouldn't spin out of control.

though i've registered < 2 months, i'm of the opinion that, to keep the board current and relevant, we should build on the forums' core competencies -- namely P55, P45, ... installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back