Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well. I did it.

I built a "WackyMac!"

Its the first one I have ever been able to get to work. I am totally new to the forums and am not sure where to post this info...., (I'll get the best of the forum etiquette later, I guess), But this is what it consists of:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77-HD4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-12GBSR2

ASUS HD7770-2GD5 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal HDD

And a few other odds and ends.... I'll get a full list up later. The jist of the hardware is there though.

Everything seemed to install ok. I got a USB image from a friend and it booted straight up. I had originally been checking the forum for settings and BIOS specs. It was rather straight forward and quite easy to follow.

Upon Boot I got to the USB Loader and was able to get to the installer. IT INSTALLED! FIRST SHOT! Went through the process and rebooted to the new ML install.

First setup was appropriate and then installation of the MultiBeast seemed straightforward again.... Or so I thought.

It seems I accidently added some old PS/2 drivers to the MultiBeast I accidentally clicked it as I pick USB 3.0.

That is only oone issue though. there are a few. I can only boot by switching the BIOS to the P4 setting and Vice Versa P0 if I want to boot my WIndows Install.

I tried keeping the setting on P4...(The Mac Install) but the Loader will only go to the Mac side.. I get a bootBCD error when I select the Windows NTFS selection. (I can switch in the BIOS to P0 and it boots just fine.)

Also... When Loading MAC.... I can only get in Safe Boot by adding a -x and -v to the load screen.
It will boot fine..... but I have to wait ten minutes for the ML to recognize my USB Unifying IR Keys and Mouse./.. but it finds them after a bit of time. (Is that normal?)

Then when inside the Mac I cannot see the other hardware I have ... Radeon 7770, Sound, and so on.... as I have seen on many others user posts.

Is this because it is "Safe Boot"??

Is there a way to change some of the driver settings??
Can anyone help me??
Is a re-install necessary??

OMG, It Works!!... But what Do I do with The Frankenstein now????

You need to look at dual boot section of forum.
Mac must boot legacy style.
Windows ,most versions boots UEFI.
You will have to modify Windows to boot legacy style.

It would be great if SoundBlaster card would work with Hack.
You would see it in Buyer's Guide.
Sound options are onboard,HDMI,USB, and Bluetooth.
Bluetooth depends on quality of adapter and speaker.

Radeon cards are more difficult than NVidia to get working.
You should search on this card specifically.

Sound and video are not seen because they are not recognized.

The kext or fix for ps/2 can be removed. This may solve your USB problem.

Safe boot is minimal boot with minimal set of kext.
-v is just boot messages reflected to screen.
It only boots that way because you need to fix at least three problems.
Attack them one at a time.

Fix USB first,then video,then audio. Do not use Voodoo.
You might want to check Rehabman's post concerning fix for USB in the longterm support section. It is the post done on Oct. 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back