Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V
CPU
Intel Core i3-3240T
Graphics
Gigabyte AMD Radeon R7 240 OC 2GB
Hello, I have a pc, would like to turn it into a Hackintosh. I checked online for compatibility and everything should work, except my GPU.
My current system is:
CPU: Intel Core i3-3240
Mainboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3V
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: Gigabyte R7 240 2GB OC Edition
The GPU is outdated and probably won't work with macOS, so I need a new one. I don't have a lot of money so my target is RX480 or GTX1060. RX480 should work, but I don't know much about the GTX1060.
NOTE: I'm planning to dualboot Windows for games.

Hello, I have a pc, would like to turn it into a Hackintosh. I checked online for compatibility and everything should work, except my GPU.
My current system is:
CPU: Intel Core i3-3240
Mainboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3V
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: Gigabyte R7 240 2GB OC Edition
The GPU is outdated and probably won't work with macOS, so I need a new one. I don't have a lot of money so my target is RX480 or GTX1060. RX480 should work, but I don't know much about the GTX1060.
NOTE: I'm planning to dualboot Windows for games.
For 1080p Gaming purposes the RX470 can max out any game (AAA) that you throw at it. No need to spend more for the RX480 if you game at 1080p. I've also read recently that AMD will be lowering the price on these soon. Best choice will likely be the Sapphire branded version. (For macOS compatibility) See the AMD graphics thread by @Gigamaxx

Thank you both for providing me with this information.
The RX 480 has early beta drivers and requires some tweaking, the GTX 1060 doesn't have any drivers at all. Personally I wouldn't recommend any of them (unless you can wait and/or are fine with some tinkering), but get a (used) Maxwell or Kepler GPU.
I can wait for a couple of months, I hope by then the drivers issue will be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back