Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3-Ultra
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
2x EVGA GTX 980ti SC
[*]Here's the rundown - I finally got enough money to buy my hackintosh, and I had been saving for a while. Apperently I hadn't specced it out well enough, though, upon closer inspection I realized that the 6770 wasn't supported. Here are the components that I have, I need help/advice:

i7 2600k 3.4ghz processor
16gb g.skill ram
730w power supply
Z68xp-ud3p mobo
Sapphire radeon and 6770 hd graphics

So, I'm doing a fresh install of Snow leopard, I don't have another tower available to do something to the graphics card, I don't have a computer running windows. I'm actually really new to building computers (this is my first) and from what I've heard about making the 6770 work, you need to flash it as a 5770 and that's not for the faint-hearted...

What options are available to me? Return the card, buy a new one, or have I misread and this card actually supported, or what? I really don't know...

Pardon the errors, typing on an iPod.

Snipeye said:
[*]Here's the rundown - I finally got enough money to buy my hackintosh, and I had been saving for a while. Apperently I hadn't specced it out well enough, though, upon closer inspection I realized that the 6770 wasn't supported. Here are the components that I have, I need help/advice:

i7 2600k 3.4ghz processor
16gb g.skill ram
730w power supply
Z68xp-ud3p mobo
Sapphire radeon and 6770 hd graphics

So, I'm doing a fresh install of Snow leopard, I don't have another tower available to do something to the graphics card, I don't have a computer running windows. I'm actually really new to building computers (this is my first) and from what I've heard about making the 6770 work, you need to flash it as a 5770 and that's not for the faint-hearted...

What options are available to me? Return the card, buy a new one, or have I misread and this card actually supported, or what? I really don't know...

Pardon the errors, typing on an iPod.
Return and buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back