Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am in the process of sorting out the right components for my first Hackintosh ever. The system will be uses for professionell audio postproduction, so it need to be silent or at least almost. From time to time I need to do basic Photoshop, After Effects or Premiere stuff. Really basic, nothing too demanding.
So what I would like to have is a GPU which is silent or at least almost silent. I just read that there are some graphic cards which only activate their fans if the temperature gets higher than a fixed threshold, that would also work, because when I do photo- or video editing, the hackintosh doesn't need to be completely silent. I also just read that there are some cards which work better with Adobe software, so it would be nice to have a card like nice:

- quiet
- good for Adobe (no gaming at all)
- HDMI (one port at least, two would be better)
- capable to run at least 2-3 displays

Budget is not that important, but everything below 500€ would be great.

Thanks for you help.

Hi,

I am in the process of sorting out the right components for my first Hackintosh ever. The system will be uses for professionell audio postproduction, so it need to be silent or at least almost. From time to time I need to do basic Photoshop, After Effects or Premiere stuff. Really basic, nothing too demanding.
So what I would like to have is a GPU which is silent or at least almost silent. I just read that there are some graphic cards which only activate their fans if the temperature gets higher than a fixed threshold, that would also work, because when I do photo- or video editing, the hackintosh doesn't need to be completely silent. I also just read that there are some cards which work better with Adobe software, so it would be nice to have a card like nice:

- quiet
- good for Adobe (no gaming at all)
- HDMI (one port at least, two would be better)
- capable to run at least 2-3 displays

Budget is not that important, but everything below 500€ would be great.

Thanks for you help.
Take a look at the GTX 950 or 960 either one will do the job. 950 will cost less and still have the silence up to a certain temp. feature of the Maxwell cards. For the times you do use Premiere and AE you'll have enough graphics power to accomplish your work yet still have a quiet graphics card when not using those.

Last edited:
Adobe Suite does not require a graphics card (it is optional) as it mostly uses system resources and only uses the grapics card for an additional boost, if you want it to. Hope this helps you make your choice. Also here is a link to system requirements of Adobe Suite software: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs6-system-requirements.html

GTX 750 Ti might be worth a go.

Yeah I'm using a GTX 750 Ti with Nvidia Web Drivers and PS 2015 release and it seems happy and reports the card in the preferences. It was a hand me down from my son's gaming PC! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back