Motherboard
GA-H55M-USB3 F11
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
MacMan said:
The current version of ALC8xxHDA 1.0.1 DOES NOT work with the AppleHDA in 10.6.8 due to major changes in the kext.

Until I can get some time to work on this you can either continue to use the AppleHDA from 10.6.7 or roll back to AppleHDA 10.6.2 using MultiBeast.

So, it means that after installing Lion, I will need to replace rollback kext from 10.6.7?

Rage said:
MacMan said:
The current version of ALC8xxHDA 1.0.1 DOES NOT work with the AppleHDA in 10.6.8 due to major changes in the kext.

Until I can get some time to work on this you can either continue to use the AppleHDA from 10.6.7 or roll back to AppleHDA 10.6.2 using MultiBeast.

So, it means that after installing Lion, I will need to replace rollback kext from 10.6.7?

See viewtopic.php?f=169&t=25367

Okay, thank. Wasn't sure in that due an absence any "official" comments from Tony.

No Sound at all, tried voodoo, HDA Enabler and rollback, none of them work for me. Asrock P45XE (ALC 888 codec). Lion works flawlessly except the sound. Any suggestions?

you just need voodoohda 0.2.1 from multibeast, do not select applehda rolback etc. :)

Same experience here, when I selected the ALCXXHDA by itself, I got no audio, but once I selected the HDA Rollback, I got my audio back. :)

I've tried each option individually (hda rollback on its own and with 8xx option, hda enabler for my card and 8xx option, voodoo 0.2.1 on its own) all fail, and i have cleaned up and rerun system utilities tasks between each. Closest i get is Voodoo, all the voodoo drivers find some devices but they all come up as Digital (HDMI) when none of them are (their are the correct number x5 for each output).

Snow Leopard my sound works great using Voodoo (newest one that doesnt install preference pane).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back