ASRock H170M-ITX/DL
CPU
Core i3-6100
Graphics
GigaByte GeForce GTX 1050
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

I just built my first hackintosh (see profile), the installation process went smoothly but the audio is not working. I selected Realtek ALC892 in Multibeast but no inputs or outputs are shown in the Sound System Preference. There are also no devices listed under Audio in the System Information app.

I having been looking in the forums and found some threads on audio but I'm not sure what is relevant to my hardware and what is not. It seems, from what I have read, that all I should need to do is select the correct stuff in Multibeast.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Multibeast configuration:
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.3.1
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1
Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3766 UEFI
Boot Mode Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Drivers > Graphics > Intel HD 530

I just tried with 100 Series Audio. Still nothing :|

Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > 100 Series Audio
( the rest is the same as above)

Any other suggestions?

After installing xubuntu to confirm that there wasn't an audio hardware problem I decided to install El Capitan.

The install was smooth but after running Multibeast post installation the audio was still not working. I let my son fiddle for a while and he got the audio working. He says he just ran Multibeast, I'm not sure what changed but it is working now. He selected both ALC892 and 100 Series Audio. I'm not sure if the 100 Series Audio is necessary or not.

So with El Capitan (10.11.5) I had a fully functional system except it was only recognizing 8 GB of the 16 GB of RAM installed.

I want to run the latest OS so I cloned El Capitan from the internal HD (will be a back up drive once everything is running normally) to the internal SSD. Then we upgraded to macOS Sierra. We had to upgrade Clover to get the install volume to show up in Clover after running the installer but other than that the upgrade went smoothly. So at that point I had a fully functional Sierra 10.12.0 install, audio working, all RAM recognized, and no black screen on power up (see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/black-screen-after-progress-on-boot.209809/).

I used the 10.12.2 combo updater to upgrade to the latest release. Everything still works exception the black screen after progress on boot problem has returned. My son found a work around I can live with (see the above mentioned thread) so I am moving ahead, migrating accounts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back