Contribute
Register

ALC885/889A step by step install instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sound for the Sound Effects but no sound in iTunes. Is there a setting in OSX or iTunes that I don't have sent properly?

MTGhost said:
I have sound for the Sound Effects but no sound in iTunes. Is there a setting in OSX or iTunes that I don't have sent properly?

Check your System Preferences/Sound. Sometimes you have to adjust for different outputs.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-05 at 7.17.17 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-05 at 7.17.17 PM.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 165
Tony. I got it working. This was my stupidity about OSX. I just needed to select an output device. I was trying to change it to another device.

MTGhost said:
Tony. I got it working. This was my stupidity about OSX. I just needed to select an output device. I was trying to change it to another device.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

i have the Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 board.

No matter what i try, i cant get sound.

I followed tony's guide on the recent blog post, i get sound for my intro movie, but once i apply the 10.6.2 update and run multibeast using gigabeast for the board no sound.

Tried adding other optiosn for sound from multibeast, no luck there either.

I'm really new to osx, anyone fell like helping out a n00b?

nemix said:
i have the Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 board.

No matter what i try, i cant get sound.

I followed tony's guide on the recent blog post, i get sound for my intro movie, but once i apply the 10.6.2 update and run multibeast using gigabeast for the board no sound.

Tried adding other optiosn for sound from multibeast, no luck there either.

I'm really new to osx, anyone fell like helping out a n00b?

The DSDT and LegacyHDA installed by GigaBeast requires the F8 bios. Update your motherboard's bios to F8 and you should be good to go. Good luck!

thank you very much¡
I was going crazy, i couldn't get sound working before I read this post.

The 4+2 kext and applehdaenabler for snow leopard did the trick.

Installed 10.6.3 dvd and everything is perfect now :D
:thumbup:

hey.. my audio works with the kext in multibeast. legacy HDA 889a. i got sound and microphone working!!! but the sound is not clear???
like frequency lag in a radio???

what do i have to do??

I am using dell xps lap. my speakers worked good in windows 7.

Any advice!!! please help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back