Contribute
Register

AirBook Travel T2 - Anyone know about this laptop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I was looking on Gearbest for a Xiaomi air 13" and I fall on a notebook named: Airbook Travel T2 . I was intrigued because it is a pure Chinese duplicate of the look of a MacBook Air (even the name ^^). And well, even if it doesn't look as interesting as the Xiaomi (purely in term of component), it may be a good hackintosh since the look is... well, very close to a macbook.

I don't think I will try since I prefer pick the Xiaomi, but the features are quite the same, except for the Nvidia card (useless in the Xiaomi for an mackintosh) and maybe in the specific hardware...

So I can't see much about the exact specifications of this notebook, just want to know if anyone know about it...and what you are thinking about (I can't think I'm the first one of seeing it, but can't find any information about it and hackintosh)..

Thanks

Hi,
I was looking on Gearbest for a Xiaomi air 13" and I fall on a notebook named: Airbook Travel T2 . I was intrigued because it is a pure Chinese duplicate of the look of a MacBook Air (even the name ^^). And well, even if it doesn't look as interesting as the Xiaomi (purely in term of component), it may be a good hackintosh since the look is... well, very close to a macbook.

I don't think I will try since I prefer pick the Xiaomi, but the features are quite the same, except for the Nvidia card (useless in the Xiaomi for an mackintosh) and maybe in the specific hardware...

So I can't see much about the exact specifications of this notebook, just want to know if anyone know about it...and what you are thinking about (I can't think I'm the first one of seeing it, but can't find any information about it and hackintosh)..

Thanks
Follow the Clover guide liked from the FAQ: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi HorchaudiBMW,
Thanks for your answer, I actually just wanted to know more about what people can think of it, not really technical.. I must be in the wrong place for that actually... ^^

Hi HorchaudiBMW,
Thanks for your answer, I actually just wanted to know more about what people can think of it, not really technical.. I must be in the wrong place for that actually... ^^
Most WIFI and bluetooth cards are unsupported by OS X/mac OS. Informations about compatible cards are in the FAQ.
You need to replace your card, to get the things working.
Audio should work fine, because many skylake systems use ALC255 ( my system also ) chipset.
Ethernet, keyboard + trackpad should also work fine with RehabMans VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
USB ports should also working. See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...es-and-solutions.173616/page-228#post-1471479
Battery status and brightness control is also possible. See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/ and here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/.

To get mac OS working on a notebook is different than on a desktop, it is more complex and maybe you need more time.
The best is to read @RehabMan FAQ first.

Thanks a lot ! I was not asking so much ; ) I hope it will also help other people who might try it ! It can really look like a MacBook air.

I will see if I buy it (little short right now), but if anyone does before, it will be interesting to have some comments here.

Thanks a lot ! I was not asking so much ; ) I hope it will also help other people who might try it ! It can really look like a MacBook air.

I will see if I buy it (little short right now), but if anyone does before, it will be interesting to have some comments here.
In the gearbeast article about the notebook there stands that the notebook use M-SATA. I don´t know if OS X/ mac OS support M-SATA. If I were you, I would do some research about the M-SATA, maybe you can open a seperate thread in "Laptop Compatibility"...

Hi,

Thanks
Also very strange is that the notebook uses DDR3L RAM and not DDR4 RAM. This shouldn´t be a problem ( I also have a machine that runs mac OS and has DDR3L RAM, but it is Haswell ), but I thought that Skylake requires DDR4 RAM...

Yeah, well, for what I've read DDR3 is not compatible with Skylake but DDR3L is (as well as DDR4)... but I really don't know for M-sata...
Actually, that don't help when we think about the quality of the laptop.. And in fact when we think of it, have a copy of mac is not really what "Hackintosher" want (except maybe for the money fact..) because it so much cool to have the system install on something different, and that really defines the hackintosh mind ^^

Anyway, may still be interesting !

Rahab, I tried to do everything you wrote but unfortunately I still can not see the status of the battery. At this point I do not know what to do, I'm writing to ask if you can try to modify my dsdt and ssdt. If you are available to let me know what I need to send you. Thanks anyway for the help you gave me

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back