i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I've been patiently waiting for Gigabyte to send my mobo back to me. After a a few weeks, finally got it back today. Put it back together exactly how I had it before. The issue where the mobo would not accept power is resolved (as the power light is on constantly now when I turn the PSU on).

However, when I hit the power button, it will boot up, fans start spinning, then after about 5 seconds, it just shuts down. A few seconds later, it will automatically boot again, but then 5 seconds later, it shuts down (and on and on...)

Any suggestions? I have a feeling it's something with the BIOS settings because I'm assuming this mobo CMOS has been reset. However, I can't even get into the BIOS before it just restarts again. Very frustrated, please help!

Ok I'm notorious for posting too early before troubleshooting. I figured it out, kind of. I took two of my four RAM sticks out and it works. I tried plugging 1 of the 2 sticks that didn't work into one of the free slots at a time, and it does the reboot thing. Is this a memory issue or a mobo issue? Guess I could just use 2 sticks, but would still like to figure it out. Thanks!

might be bent pins in cpu socket.
I have two mother boards that I switched cpu.
I had similar behavior.
1155 socket design is junk.
One half of socket is pins, the rest some leaf like design.
The leaves do tend to get bent even if you are careful to align cpu by notches and dots.
You must drop it exactly in place and not move it.
Even the protective cover from Gigabyte can bend pins very easily when you remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back