Contribute
Register

After installing M Lion and the Probook I reboot the system and the screen goes black!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh forgot to tell you I do not have any problem with screen brighness, after the computer boot up and I plug the external monitor I am able to use brighness as I like!
I tryed the brighness when the monitor is black and is not working!

Oh forgot to tell you I do not have any problem with screen brighness, after the computer boot up and I plug the external monitor I am able to use brighness as I like!
I tryed the brighness when the monitor is black and is not working!

Try logging in blind (eg. type your password and press enter with the laptop screen black). That will allow blinkscreen to run... it would be interesting to know if it can fix anything...

I did try to login blind but is not working ether!

There was one other case where someone could not get their 4540s to work... with similar results as you. I wonder if there is a specific kind of screen used by HP in some of these laptops causing a problem.

If I was you, I'd try a fresh install just to eliminate the possibility of an error the first time. Do everything all over again (including fresh download from Mac App Store). See what happens...

Hi hurtadorlando

Sorry to hear of your problems, i have just installed my new probook 4540s and have not had the black screen problem, i installed as the guide apart from the blink screen and brightness fix, maybe this is worth a try! All is running well, everything is working. I installed a Crucial SSD so i had a spare drive to play with, and a Atheros AR5B195 wifi / BT card, i just needed to add the vendor and device id to the IOath3kfrmwr.kext info.plist to get bluetooth to work, also a keyboard map for the uk to setup kboard correctly for the uk, Thanks RehabMan!! you are the man. I hope you get this screen problem sorted soon.

i just needed to add the vendor and device id to the IOath3kfrmwr.kext info.plist to get bluetooth to work,

What vendor-id/device-id did you add? I'll add it to the official build...

What vendor-id/device-id did you add? I'll add it to the official build...

Hi RehabMan

I found an entry in the info plist that had the vendor code 1161 that was the same as mine, and edited the product code to 57383, after a reboot the bluetooth worked like a charm. not bad for £5.99 from ebay. Prior to this i could see it in about this mac under usb, but would not show up in sys pref. it works after sleep as well, i'm really pleased. Keep up the good work it's really appreciated.

Regards

BMW

Hi RehabMan

I found an entry in the info plist that had the vendor code 1161 that was the same as mine, and edited the product code to 57383, after a reboot the bluetooth worked like a charm. not bad for £5.99 from ebay. Prior to this i could see it in about this mac under usb, but would not show up in sys pref. it works after sleep as well, i'm really pleased. Keep up the good work it's really appreciated.

Regards

BMW

Hey thanks. Added support for device 0489-e027 in the official build: https://code.google.com/p/os-x-atheros-3k-firmware/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back