Contribute
Register

Advice needed - most compatible Z390 MB for Dual Monitors on internal Video - 10.4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
Core i7 2600
Graphics
PowerColor Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!
It would be nice if anyone has an advice for me, which MOBO will be most compatible and most easy to set up for use with:
- Dual monitor support on internal video (I do not need the speed and power of a big video card)
- macOS 10.14.6

I already have a Gigabyte Z390 M, Intel Core i5 9600K, 16GB (2x 8192MB) Corsair Vengeance RAM, Noctua NH-L9x65 Topblow and a good Powersupply and Case. I am running a few older Hackis with 10.12 and want something newer now, that supports 10.14. at least.
The Gigabyte Z390 M gives me some problems using the internal video, so maybe a different board would be a better choice.
Anyone?

Hi!
It would be nice if anyone has an advice for me, which MOBO will be most compatible and most easy to set up for use with:
- Dual monitor support on internal video (I do not need the speed and power of a big video card)
- macOS 10.14.6

I already have a Gigabyte Z390 M, Intel Core i5 9600K, 16GB (2x 8192MB) Corsair Vengeance RAM, Noctua NH-L9x65 Topblow and a good Powersupply and Case. I am running a few older Hackis with 10.12 and want something newer now, that supports 10.14. at least.
The Gigabyte Z390 M gives me some problems using the internal video, so maybe a different board would be a better choice.
Anyone?

Save yourself the headaches and get a cheap supported AMD video card. You can get an RX 560 for around $120 or an RX 570 for around $150.

You could also ask pastrychef for help they have a z390 M in the Golden Builds and are generally very helpful:

Save yourself the headaches and get a cheap supported AMD video card. You can get an RX 560 for around $120 or an RX 570 for around $150.
Thanks for the fast reply! Very appreciated.
I thought about a RX 560 or 570, yes, but to get the goal of a cheap, silent and powersaving Hackintosh (I need to build three of them) I would prefer to try the way without a video card. But maybe it would be best to get a rx 560 first for getting the machine up and running and then I have the time to try to get rid of the RX 560 again...

You could also ask pastrychef for help they have a z390 M in the Golden Builds and are generally very helpful:

I saw that thread, yes, thanks, problem is that there a re some differences between the Gaming version and mine which leads into some trouble. Maybe an ASUS board would work better?

Thanks for the fast reply! Very appreciated.
I thought about a RX 560 or 570, yes, but to get the goal of a cheap, silent and powersaving Hackintosh (I need to build three of them) I would prefer to try the way without a video card. But maybe it would be best to get a rx 560 first for getting the machine up and running and then I have the time to try to get rid of the RX 560 again...

I saw that thread, yes, thanks, problem is that there a re some differences between the Gaming version and mine which leads into some trouble. Maybe an ASUS board would work better?

I personally do not have much luck making IGPU work and keep it turned off. A good amount of Video cards that are not blower-style fans shut off below 50c.

Pastrychef also has an Asus z370 golden build they might still be able to help you or at least point you in the correct direction.

So I got a Sapphire RX 560 2GB, everything is working perfectly now including Sleep, Reboot, Shutdown, Network, Audio. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back