Contribute
Register

Advice for First Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so Im looking to upgrade from my 2011 Macbook Pro. And Im considering a build with the parts listed below. I was wondering if anyone here could offer me some advice on whether or not this is going to give me any unforseen problems during setup and/or anything at all that I should know that may not be immediately obvious to me by reading the basic guides. I also plan on upgrading the RAM to 16GB at a later date and also adding at Sapphire RX 580. I see this build as more of a base foundation that I can build and upgrade upon in the future as needed. Again this is my first time building a PC, so I apologize in advance if for my ignorance about taking on a project like this. But any guidance you guys can be provide would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

PARTS:

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Prime H370-Plus LGA1151

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-8400

RAM: Crucial 8GB Single DDR4

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 250GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD

PSU: ROSEWILL Computer Modular Power Supply/PSU, Glacier Series 500 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU

Okay, so Im looking to upgrade from my 2011 Macbook Pro. And Im considering a build with the parts listed below. I was wondering if anyone here could offer me some advice on whether or not this is going to give me any unforseen problems during setup and/or anything at all that I should know that may not be immediately obvious to me by reading the basic guides. I also plan on upgrading the RAM to 16GB at a later date and also adding a Sapphire RX 580. I see this build as more of a base foundation that I can build and upgrade upon in the future as needed. Again this is my first time building a PC, so I apologize in advance if for my ignorance about taking on a project like this. But any guidance you guys can be provide would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

PARTS:

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Prime H370-Plus LGA1151

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-8400

RAM: Crucial 8GB Single DDR4

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 250GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD

PSU: ROSEWILL Computer Modular Power Supply/PSU, Glacier Series 500 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU

If you plan to upgrade the RAM later, make sure to get matching pairs.

This build should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra and Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back