CPU
i7-930
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Please post questions in the relevant thread instead of creating new threads.

We are focusing on desktop card support first.

It's hard to add a card without any information on it.

Also, even if it gets added you will need to edit the ATI kexts to support it and then it still might not work.

MacMan said:
It's hard to add a card without any information on it.

Also, even if it gets added you will need to edit the ATI kexts to support it and then it still might not work.

MacMan, give some hints, maybe I could have a try with this graphics card two weeks later...

on the subject of some hints maybe there should be a sticky made with some instructions?
(not only to save mods time and stress but us too, you could just paste the sticky links into the 1st post)
I'd suggest:

.What info we need to add your card info to ati.c / nvidia.c and how to get it.

.how to modify a controller kext and what you need to modify.

.how to try to modify and make your own bootloader while you're waiting for a new release.

Well, in case anyone is reading this thread, here is as much info on the HD 6370M as can be extracted from Aida64 under windows and from under OSX (DSDT and ioreg o/p)

This is from a works laptop Lenovo G570 which unfortunately seems to just have this graphics chip and does not have the HD3000 enabled (boo hoo....otherwise it would be perfect for OSX).

Anyway, I don't believe this chip will work but in case the info is valuable and someone does want to work on it here is the full graphics report section.

ReportDisplay.txt

and the output of radeon bios decode:

Bios decoded.zip

and the ioreg from the Lenovo G570 (yes, I did get OSX installed but am not interested in carrying on with a lappie that only has basic resolution).

IOreg G570.zip

Finally, here is my extracted DSDT.

dsdt.zip

Good luck to anyone with getting the 6370M working and I hope the info in these files helps someone.

Attachments

• ReportDisplay.txt
    201.6 KB · Views: 564
  • Bios decoded.zip
    1,022 bytes · Views: 296
  • IOreg G570.zip
    310.9 KB · Views: 304
  • dsdt.zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 341
Yes, I found some articles said that nVidia cards could use natit, NVCap maker and other tools to try for unsupported nVidia cards.

Is there any similar tool or things for unsupported ATI/AMD cards?

kamcioju said:
This card is working for me witch ati 48xx kext by netkas, but only in 1024x768. Any news?

I have the same display card with you. I have searched over the web but can't find mac driver for Radeon HD6370M. Can you post your ati 48xx kext for me for a try. I can't make my card work !! or can you send it to my email [email protected]

Thanks a lot for your help.

rckc said:
kamcioju said:
This card is working for me witch ati 48xx kext by netkas, but only in 1024x768. Any news?

I have the same display card with you. I have searched over the web but can't find mac driver for Radeon HD6370M. Can you post your ati 48xx kext for me for a try. I can't make my card work !! or can you send it to my email [email protected]

Thanks a lot for your help.
Please I need it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back