Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo M93P
CPU
i5-4590T
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi,

hoping someone can assist as this is the first time in doing Hackintosh, I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M93P Tiny and followed all the steps for Opencore.

My system:
Intel i5-4590T
HD 4600
16gb ram
1tb SSD
No wifi setup as I have DWA-X1850 usb and don't think it is compatible so left it. (Got this working on Linux with RTL8852au previously.)
Ethernet - Intel I217-LM

I used Opencore 0.8.8 Latest RELEASE with Big Sur.
Everything is working, including, internet, sound and 2 monitors and at first I thought there was no issues, however the ethernet seems to be capped at 94mbps download and upload although on Windows and Linux I was getting 900+ mbps with the ethernet.

Anyone know if this is a setting in the config.plist that needs updating or something else?
My router, cable etc are all fine as working previously on Windows and Linux.

When I boot up the Ethernet is on a green light and shows 1000baseT.
Of note the WIFI icon (at top) is shown and toggle is on although I don't have. I turn toggle off and no difference.

Please help, as I have looked all over the net etc and can't find anything, cheers.

No, it is not a setting in the config.plist that needs to be changed or updated. IntelMausi.kext is either enabled in your config or it isn't. If it is enabled then your Ethernet should work at 1000BaseT.

You might want to look at your System Preferences > Network - Ethernet Device > Advanced settings to ensure you have the controller set to work at the correct speed.

This is what the Advanced > Hardware pane looks like in Ventura, it is different in Big Sur, but shows the same details.

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 23.14.27.png Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 23.16.44.png

Mine is set as Configure - Automatically, you can change the Configure option to 'Manually'. This would allow you to select different Network Speed options etc.

This is very strange then as the Ethernet is working and also set up as per your images with automatic. I have also tried manual and it's the same but still restricted download speeds as if throttled, although I can't see any power saving settings on it or in the BIOS..
I am wondering if it is something to do with the driver. I am using the latest IntelMausi driver on the site 1.0.7

I have just ordered an Archer T3U Plus to see if can get the WIFI working with that as it appears chris111 kext is compatible with it and also saves having to get an internal PCIe wifi adapter.

Very frustrating though if it's not the config, this Ethernet should be giving 900mbps + which I was getting on Windows and Linux.

Can't see where I am going wrong.

Oh dear, well I have been messing with the router, cables, etc and am sorry to say I messed up!!!
There is nothing wrong with my install and all is working fine now with 900+ on the ethernet, so IntelMausi works great.

My problem was unbelievably with the ethernet cable from the wall to the route being loose!!!!!
Sorry my bad but all sorted.

Will install the WIFI when that comes in a couple of days and my Hackintosh will be complete.

Thanks.

Oh on a side note too, just had updates for Big Sur to 11.7.3 and all went smooth, so really happy with this Hackintosh scene.

Anyone wanting to know if Lenovo M93P Tiny is good as a Hackintosh and easy to set up then go for it as it has been smooth sailing other than my stupidity above. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back