1. iOS
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I can't see where AHCI is located on my bios and tried to change other settings as recommended but my PC failed to load from the USB and within the BIOS the USB name shows up I tried different settings but PC refused to load from USB.
Here is my BIOS setting, I don't know what else could be done.
My motherboard name's GA-G31M-ES2C (rev.2)
Moreover, I have updated my BIOS by downloading the firmware for gigabyte site.

The GA-G31M-ES2C manual says that it is an LGA775... What processor do you have in it?, an E8600? That proc is 64bit, so it may work.

https://superuser.com/questions/278...onfiguration-options-in-asus-motherboard-bios

As far as AHCI goes, it probably isn't supported in the BIOS. I couldn't find the actual chipset part numbers, and as the above link says, the STA Controller "82801GB does not support AHCI". It may only matter if you're going with SSDs; idkfs, but you may be able to boot it as a Legacy bootloader device. Or install Linux on it, like Linux Mint 17.3 MATE - 32bit if you have a 32bit proc., or 64bit if you have a 64bit proc. (Suggested only because I like the MATE edition.) The one advantage is that since it is built upon Ubuntu 14.04 Kodi can easily be installed, if you're into that kind of thing.

Thanks, my mistake was choosing UEFI boot mode instead of legacy boot mode from boot loader configuration under unibeast.
Selecting the right mode my PC was able to detect USB and load from it.
My processor is E8600

Great. Hope the rest of the install goes smoothly. I've been tempted to change everything over to UEFI, but that would mean that I would have to do Windows 8.1Pro-64, Linux Mint MATE 64 and OSX in UEFI instead of Legacy Boot. If you can get it to work don't think too much about missing UEFI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back