Contribute
Register

Accidentally ran Multibeast on my MacBookAir (EEEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
OK,
Trying to rebuild my hacky's HD thru my MBA, I'd done it a few times, and wasn't paying too much attention, until I realised I hadn't selected the hacky HD, I had selected my MBA HD........

Now my computer crashes hard when it sleeps, I have to hold the power button for about 30 seconds to get it back on.

So, my question is, what do I have to do to remove what I did? Pretty sure I ran the chimera install, a user DSDT, and maybe a couple of other bits and rebuilt permissions.

I reinstalled 10.7.2 from my restore partition but my computer still crashes on sleep.

If I reformat the HD, will it fix the issue, or do I have to do something else.

Feel like such a douche right now

i think you can use the restore option (at boot moment) to restore the hole OS, just make a copy of your data in case it formats the HD. I think i will download LION again from the app store. When you install multibeast i think all is installed in HD so if you change your HD for a new one for instance, it will be the same process as you restoring to machine.

When you restore the OS if you could reach the disk utylities, delete all partitions and create a new one to be sure any thing in the HD is deleted, even the bootloader partition that chameleon creates.

I know I'm late but for postery, you can just remove the added kexts (from /System/Library/Extensions), the /Extra folder, and use rEFIt (all this before rebooting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back