Contribute
Register

"About my Mac" says Graphics Unknown 1536 MB ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sandy Bride i5 2500k Hackintosh
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500k Sandy Bridge
Graphics
AMD Radeon 6870 HD 1024mb GPU
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Computer is up and running perfectly. "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" in boot.plist starts the mac with native 1920x1080 res. However the "About this Mac" finder shows "Graphics Unknown 1536 MB"

I believe this is the culprit of my problem with running Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5- When trying to edit video, and then preview what you're editing in the timeline, video playback does not work. I have been researching and researching for over a week still with no luck. So I am really hoping if I can get my Mac Pro to recognize my graphics card, then It will work.

Specs.
Asus P8Z68-V
Intel Core i5 2600k
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560
16GB GSkill RAM
LG Blu-Ray Burner
750GB WD HDD
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

Me too, any help?

You really need to be running at least 10.7.4 with either the nvidia drivers from here or with the nVidia patches from multi-beast for a Fermi (5XX) card to be working properly.

Apparently it is a bad idea to install both the nVidia drivers and the multibeast patches.

Is there some reason neither of you have updated?

FWIW, Mountain Lion has native support for the Fermi cards, so you set GraphicsEnabler=No for that. If you get kernel panics on booting, then don't install the FakeSMC for nVidia wt ML.

Sometimes your system definition can affect things as well. You probably have something like a "iMac11,1" definition in your boot plist, you might need to change that. MacPro3,1 can sometimes help with cards like this, though the z68/1155 hardware is more iMac like, so one of those is typically best.

You really need to be running at least 10.7.4 with either the nvidia drivers from here or with the nVidia patches from multi-beast for a Fermi (5XX) card to be working properly.

Apparently it is a bad idea to install both the nVidia drivers and the multibeast patches.

Is there some reason neither of you have updated?

FWIW, Mountain Lion has native support for the Fermi cards, so you set GraphicsEnabler=No for that. If you get kernel panics on booting, then don't install the FakeSMC for nVidia wt ML.

Sometimes your system definition can affect things as well. You probably have something like a "iMac11,1" definition in your boot plist, you might need to change that. MacPro3,1 can sometimes help with cards like this, though the z68/1155 hardware is more iMac like, so one of those is typically best.

Hey I am on 10.8 and still getting it. I have a MSI N460GT graphics card. And my system definition is a MacPro3,1. Whenever I use UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.2 to boot my drive it shows as the graphics card it is, but when I boot using MultiBeast it shows as Unknown. Any help?

Hey I am on 10.8 and still getting it. I have a MSI N460GT graphics card. And my system definition is a MacPro3,1. Whenever I use UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.2 to boot my drive it shows as the graphics card it is, but when I boot using MultiBeast it shows as Unknown. Any help?

The unibeast - ML is the USB drive you used to install ML on your mac, right?

I'm not sure what you mean by "boot using MultiBeast". MultiBeast, installs patches to make your system work. It's not "bootable". Are you talking about your HD after running multiBeast? If that's the case then you are talking about Chimera or possibly Chameleon, which are boot loaders.

Are you seeing "Bad display config block signature. ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed" or something like that when you are booting. It should show up just after the bootloader screen which shows your boot HD and a progress bar that goes down, but before you see the apple booting screen.

If this is the case, I believe what is happening is that your card is not being recognized properly by the boot loader and it's screwing up something.

Are you booting with GraphicsEnabler=No?

Ben, I believe your issue is that CUDA is not working on your machine. Have you installed the CUDA drivers from nVidia's website?

coming across the same issue

Any of you guys figure this one out? I am only using Lion patched to 10.7.4 and an evga 210 posted from the list of compatible cards. Like the other above I can install with Unibeast and boot the machine and the card is recognized. Once I run Multibeast the card is not recognized but if I then run nvenabler it shows up as unknown nvidia 512mb. I have tried selecting different options in Multibeast but get the same issue. I think there is some post installation that I can't seem to find or figure out regarding post installation... So,
1. if the machine boots perfectly with unibeast even after running apple's patches what should we install from Multibeast(so that it mimics Unibeast and nothing extra) so we can boot with out it
2. if the card is recognized by the OS do we or should we install the official driver from nvidia or is it installed by default with OS installation?

DSDT insertion might be the best way to fix the unrecognized card. If chimera doesn't recognize it you could add your card's data to chimera's source and recompile it but I think DSDT is the best way to go. There is good info on how to do it if you do a search.

Hey thanks, I will give that a try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back