CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sierra 10.12.6 running ok with USB power issues with out a DSDT but with SSDT patches for HDMI Audio, LPCB and XCPM. Wanted to try my hand at patching DSDT.
1. DSDT extracted with MACiasl (ACPI 6.1) patched with PJAML GA-Z97X-UD7-TH patches and compiled with fixes for errors.
2. Extracted DSDT with F4 on clover boot for comparison. It dumped a few files along with DSDT into the ORIGIN folder.
3. The difference between the DSDTs was OEM name for clover was set to "ALASKA" and MACiasl was set to "APPLE"
4. Copied MACiasl DSDT to /Clover/ACPI/Patched folder and reboot

System wont boot with ACPI errors. I have tried it with moving the SSDT patches out and booting with just DSDT. Still same errors. Probably missing something obvious.

Attachments

• DSDT error.JPG
    DSDT error.JPG
    757.9 KB · Views: 168
Sierra 10.12.6 running ok with USB power issues with out a DSDT but with SSDT patches for HDMI Audio, LPCB and XCPM. Wanted to try my hand at patching DSDT.
1. DSDT extracted with MACiasl (ACPI 6.1) patched with PJAML GA-Z97X-UD7-TH patches and compiled with fixes for errors.
2. Extracted DSDT with F4 on clover boot for comparison. It dumped a few files along with DSDT into the ORIGIN folder.
3. The difference between the DSDTs was OEM name for clover was set to "ALASKA" and MACiasl was set to "APPLE"
4. Copied MACiasl DSDT to /Clover/ACPI/Patched folder and reboot

System wont boot with ACPI errors. I have tried it with moving the SSDT patches out and booting with just DSDT. Still same errors. Probably missing something obvious.

Attach Problem Reporting Files.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and attach the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes.

The IOREG file is from system booting by me changing the clover boot options to a fake name for DSDT as per Rehabman's post.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    74.9 KB · Views: 214
  • EFI.zip
    19.1 MB · Views: 129
  • cartic’s iMac patched DSDT IOReg.zip
    779.2 KB · Views: 74
The IOREG file is from system booting by me changing the clover boot options to a fake name for DSDT as per Rehabman's post.

DSDT isn't patched correctly.
EHC1, EHC2 needs to be renamed to EH01, EH02.
Config looks kinda okay. SMBIOS/Trust should be True.
Change SMBIOS to iMac 14,2.
SSDT-LPCB isn't needed. LPCB is already patched via DSDT.aml.

Last edited:
Thank you for the guidance.

I used the repo from PJALM for my mobo. Is that what you are referring to? Or is there something more I need to do?

Patching config.plist

Edited config.plist. What does this do?

Not a good idea to have renames for EHC1, EHC2 in config.plist when the renames haven't been applied via DSDT.aml. Personally its better to just have a DSDT on its own or Clover Hotpatch not both.

Not a good idea to have renames for EHC1, EHC2 in config.plist when the renames haven't been applied via DSDT.aml. Personally its better to just have a DSDT on its own or Clover Hotpatch not both.
Confused now! Should I rename EHCs in the DSDT and not use a hotpatch? Or not use a DSDT and only stick to hotpatching with CLover ( even the EHC renames)?

Confused now! Should I rename EHCs in the DSDT and not use a hotpatch? Or not use a DSDT and only stick to hotpatching with CLover ( even the EHC renames)?

If you plan to use DSDT.aml you will need to rename EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02.

If you plan to use DSDT.aml you will need to rename EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02.
Thank you for the help. I have created SSDTs for CPUPM, UIAC, Fake EC, XOSI, LPCB and HDMI. System seems to be pretty stable. I am using XHC as rerouting XHC to EHC was causing weird USB issues with my motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back