Graphics
MSI Geforce 8400GS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I couldn't find a list of online stores for parts/components on the forums. There's probably one here - I just didn't find it.

Each component I'd research I would check each of the following online stores for the best deal. I've personally purchased from each of these stores and have had no significant problems.

So - here's the list of online stores I used when building my Hackintosh:

amazon.com - no explanation needed.

newegg.com - same as above.

superbiiz.com - they periodically have % discounts on particular items and free shipping on many too.

microcenter.com - God bless you if you have one of these stores in your city! Very good deals - if you happen to live near one.

platinummicro.com - They'll have some items there cheaper than anyone else and free shipping too.

macsales.com - Mac-compatible components and upgrades. You'll see some good deals, and can at least use their store to research Mac-compatible components for your Hackintosh.

tigerdirect.com - A plethora of components. I purchased my MOBO from their online eBay store cheaper than their actual online store, so keep that in mind.

There's my list. I'm sure there are others out there - maybe someone will share with the group...

Again, if I missed a link in this forum or an older post, just put me in my place ;)

Keep in mind - the lowest price is not necessarily the best deal. Sometimes you may have to factor not only shipping, but the possibility of getting a return/refurbish sold as new.

BMH said:
I couldn't find a list of online stores for parts/components on the forums. There's probably one here - I just didn't find it.

Each component I'd research I would check each of the following online stores for the best deal. I've personally purchased from each of these stores and have had no significant problems.

So - here's the list of online stores I used when building my Hackintosh:

amazon.com - no explanation needed.

newegg.com - same as above.

superbiiz.com - they periodically have % discounts on particular items and free shipping on many too.

microcenter.com - God bless you if you have one of these stores in your city! Very good deals - if you happen to live near one.

platinummicro.com - They'll have some items there cheaper than anyone else and free shipping too.

macsales.com - Mac-compatible components and upgrades. You'll see some good deals, and can at least use their store to research Mac-compatible components for your Hackintosh.

tigerdirect.com - A plethora of components. I purchased my MOBO from their online eBay store cheaper than their actual online store, so keep that in mind.

There's my list. I'm sure there are others out there - maybe someone will share with the group...

Again, if I missed a link in this forum or an older post, just put me in my place ;)

Keep in mind - the lowest price is not necessarily the best deal. Sometimes you may have to factor not only shipping, but the possibility of getting a return/refurbish sold as new.
I use a lot of these. Add Frys Electronics... Bless you if you have one of these too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back