asus rog strix z370-g
CPU
Graphics
gtx 1080TI
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for your attention Shilohh, and again thanks for your effort for leading us tweaking the RE4'DSDT .

Sleepenabler.kext : yes, i've installed it... should i try without ?
I've tried to modify the USB possibilities in the bios, but had no luck with my changes...

Update : removed sleepenabler.kext, computer still freezes when the screen hub is pluged in :crazy:

alan

Capture d’écran 2013-03-31 à 14.47.41.jpg

No I was going to suggest trying removing the edit for "USB3 sleep with USB3 storage plugged in" from the DSDT. If you do this, you will not be able to enter sleep with a USB3 drive plugged in. However I suspect that it is not the problem. USB3 functionality is still buggy. We have to use a 3rd party kext for our ASM1042 USB3 controller because Apple's provision of USB3 is still very limited and does not include this hardware. Until smarted people than myself port better drivers or apple provides better compatibility with more hardware, our USB3 functionality is still just a hack. It is not fully working but it works good enough to provide very useful functionality. I suggest googling to see if Apple users are having issues with that USB3 hub on actual Mac's to eliminate the possibility that the hardware may not function well on OSX regardless of the onboard USB3 hardware.

Does it still freeze if you boot with the flag DSDT=No?

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5172#6

"Are USB 3 hubs supported?
Hubs that conform to what is commonly referred to as the "2008 version 1 USB 3.0 specification" are supported."

With DSDT=No, same freeze :thumbdown:
Nevermind, i've plugged the HUB in a USB 2.0 port, the native speed of my usb key does not exceed 40mb/s read/write... and with this solution, i have a 100% no problem station ( seems :think:)

If we want anyway find a usb3 solution: perhaps i should have extracted my DSDT from my windows install, with a functional hub from windows 7 ? what do you think, it could help ?

thanks, alan

With DSDT=No, same freeze :thumbdown:
Nevermind, i've plugged the HUB in a USB 2.0 port, the native speed of my usb key does not exceed 40mb/s read/write... and with this solution, i have a 100% no problem station ( seems :think:)

If we want anyway find a usb3 solution: perhaps i should have extracted my DSDT from my windows install, with a functional hub from windows 7 ? what do you think, it could help ?

thanks, alan

Again, USB3 in OS X is still buggy! Even genuine apple USB3 is very buggy. It's probably not a DSDT issue. It wouldn't hurt to try a windows extract, but that probably won't help USB3. Give it a try and let me know.

Finally Resolved !

Have installed the new unibeast 5.3 withUSB 3.0 - Universal which is RehabMan's branch of Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext

Now, my build works 100%, the hub is functional

Thanks to all of you !
:clap:

Finally Resolved !

Have installed the new unibeast 5.3 withUSB 3.0 - Universal which is RehabMan's branch of Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext

Now, my build works 100%, the hub is functional

Thanks to all of you !
:clap:
Hello, is your usb3.0 ready to use?
I have been using GenericUSBXHCI.kext, although I can drive the ASM1042, but I still can't work immediately when I plug in the USB device. I have to insert it for the second time or the third time, and I can't use the usb3.0 hub! Once it is used, it will automatically restart after shutdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back