Register

6850 - second DVI port is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
see attached for updated 10.9.5 amd6000 ktext

Attachments

• AMD6000Controller.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
FYI: Here is the patched kext for those who still follow this thread for 10.10. I have NOT tested it yet on my system but it should work just fine.

Attachments

• AMD6000Controller.kext.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
Thanks for you great effort!

Do you know if this kext work with a MSI R6870 card?

Regards!

Hello,

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD6870 with five ports:

DVI-I
DVI-D
HDMI
2x Mini-DP

My actual monitor setup:

20" TFT on Displayport using passive DP-> HDMI adapter and HDMI-> DVI cable
27" 3D TV on DVI-D
Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid on DVI-D

I'm using the driver from aberberich two posts above, with Gibba framebuffer. I'm using Mavericks 10.9.5 with Clover.

While booting, only the 20" TFT is on, the other displays are black. When the system is booted, both monitors is active, but the Cinquiq is black, showing 'No input signal'. However, it is fully detected, opening the Wacom Center and the Android File exchange tool. The Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid is a 13,3" Cintiq HD with additional Android 4.2.1 tablet function. If I remove the displayport adapter, the screen changes to the Cintiq. But if I plug it in again, the 20" monitor doesn't tun on again.

Has anyone an idea? Is it just a driver problem, or do I have to get an active DisplayPort adapter? It would be great to have an own screen for the Cintiq and optional be able to mirror it with the 3D TV if neccesary. The problem of using a 4:3 and 16:9 monitor simultaneously probably doesn't happen so often anymore.

Greets, naquaada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back