Graphics
HD3000, 1600x900 laptop display
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys, I've followed the forum for a while and have had nice desktop setup running triple boot for the past couple of years thanks to the help I found on here, so firstly thank you for that :thumbup:

This is my first post though as I'm struggling with my second setup - a Probook 6460b. I'm using unibeast and mavericks but I can't get past the apple logo screen for installation - it simply returns to black.

I've tried lots of different combinations of -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=1/0, IGPEnabler=Yes, IGPlatformID=00010000 (which should be correct for HD3000.) Nothing seems to make a difference.

I have seen the following post which makes me think perhaps the displayport is being used: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...ling-mavericks-hp-probook-147.html#post883977
However, I have no DP cable to test. Out of interest, I did check the analog VGA port as I had that problem with my desktop build, but nothing is being sent out of that.

If this could be the problem, is there anyway to apply a fix to the installer so I don't have to go out and buy a DP cable? Or could it be something else?

Hi Guys, I've followed the forum for a while and have had nice desktop setup running triple boot for the past couple of years thanks to the help I found on here, so firstly thank you for that :thumbup:

This is my first post though as I'm struggling with my second setup - a Probook 6460b. I'm using unibeast and mavericks but I can't get past the apple logo screen for installation - it simply returns to black.

I've tried lots of different combinations of -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=1/0, IGPEnabler=Yes, IGPlatformID=00010000 (which should be correct for HD3000.) Nothing seems to make a difference.

I have seen the following post which makes me think perhaps the displayport is being used: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...ling-mavericks-hp-probook-147.html#post883977
However, I have no DP cable to test. Out of interest, I did check the analog VGA port as I had that problem with my desktop build, but nothing is being sent out of that.

If this could be the problem, is there anyway to apply a fix to the installer so I don't have to go out and buy a DP cable? Or could it be something else?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

Thank you. I have a new stick with clover and el capitan but I get a round, strike-out logo after the apple logo and the progress bar. I'm not sure what could be causing this.
89669d1440900466t-el-capitan-new-error-sign-img_2015084280.jpg

cpus=1 fixed that, but now its still going to black. I'll try the HD3000 black screen config.......

Thank you. I have a new stick with clover and el capitan but I get a round, strike-out logo after the apple logo and the progress bar. I'm not sure what could be causing this.
View attachment 157817

Boot verbose show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder.

Hi Guys,
I think I have the same screen issue. It was splitted into 4 quadrant (distorted?). From the beginning of the installation till now. All was successfully installed and seems working fine except this annoying screen mode.

What I have done are:
1. Install necessary kexts Post-Install Tool (HP Probook Post Install app)
2. Boot with flag -x -v
3. Boot with Clover (UEFI mode)

Please help.
Thanks
EC.jpg

Hi Guys,
I think I have the same screen issue. It was splitted into 4 quadrant (distorted?). From the beginning of the installation till now. All was successfully installed and seems working fine except this annoying screen mode.

What I have done are:
1. Install necessary kexts Post-Install Tool (HP Probook Post Install app)
2. Boot with flag -x -v
3. Boot with Clover (UEFI mode)

Please help.
Thanks
View attachment 169427

You patched DSDT incorrectly. Make sure you choose the correct screen type. And if this is for installing, make sure you chose the correct config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back