Graphics
GT7600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have the custom hacktiosh which currently has 3 x 2gb for total of 6gb. i have an extra 2gb lying around. should i installed? or will it be detrimental?

shooteagle said:
I have the custom hacktiosh which currently has 3 x 2gb for total of 6gb. i have an extra 2gb lying around. should i installed? or will it be detrimental?
The only downside is that you will no longer be running in triple channel mode. You should run Geekbench before or after to see how it effects performance.

shooteagle said:
It's a pity to use only dual channel when you can use triple, wich is one of the biggest reason of overcost of X58.
Ideally, you should use 6 or 12 go (or 18 or 24 :p ) :headbang:

Flym4n said:
It's a pity to use only dual channel when you can use triple, wich is one of the biggest reason of overcost of X58.
Ideally, you should use 6 or 12 go (or 18 or 24 :p ) :headbang:

Its really not a pity to use dual channel, because in some cases it actually performs better than triple. I'd run 8GB if all 4 sticks match.

The Truth about i7 (1366) memory, both dual channel vs tri channel
http://www.overclock.net/intel-memory/6 ... -both.html

Wow! thanks guys great info..Im new to this site and am learning so much! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back