Nvidia 580GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to both OSX and hackintosh, but I think i'm having trouble getting lion to recognize my overclock.

I have a pre-built desktop running a stable 4.40GHz OC in Win7 and a second HDD with Lion 10.7.4 installed via the UniBeast, MultiBeast method with the i5/i7 overclock SSDT.

I followed the excellent guide from Philz: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=60862 and updated the P-states that were missing for my overclock (my multiplier is x44), compiled with no errors and I have replaced the Multibeast one in /Extra. - I've attached my SSDT.aml in case anyone notices anything I've done wrong.

The thing is 'About this Mac' & hw.cpufrequency are showing 3.30 & 3309000000 respectively.

How are you guys checking your cpu is stepping properly with your overclock?

For anyone interested my Geekbench score is a little over 9000, but I don't have anything to compare it too so I've no idea if this is about right for an overclocked system or not?

Thanks,
fracture

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    1 KB · Views: 177
In case it wasn't clear in my first post, I edited the SSDT provided by Mutlibeast and added the extra P-states for 4.3 and 4.4.

It was a BIOS setting, I'm getting the overclock recognized fully now, only thing left is to get the speed stepping to work a little better (currently only switches between x16 or x44 multipilers).

fracture

fracture said:
It was a BIOS setting, I'm getting the overclock recognized fully now, only thing left is to get the speed stepping to work a little better (currently only switches between x16 or x44 multipilers).

fracture

What setting was that?

pixelgazer said:
What setting was that?

For me it was 'CPU EIST Function' had to be Disabled. I also had to explicitly enable Intel Turbo Boost, originally both were set to Auto under 'M.I.T' > 'Advanced Frequency Settings' > 'Advanced CPU Core Features'.

settings.JPG

Attachments

• settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 349
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back