Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to configure a NAS for a friend's video business. It will be a TrueNAS system with SAS controller, Xeon and lots of memory.
I already made a hackintosh system for his workstation: Intel i9-9900K, 64 GB ram, Vega64 graphics card etc. It's humming like a champ.
Now I need a network between these two systems that will be quick enough for his video editing work (cca. 500-1000 MB/sec throughput).

Are there any 10 Gbit network adapters that work out of the box (or with contemporary official drivers) in Monterey?
I'd be OK with SFP+ or 10Gbit-T, whatever, just so it works.

Thanks in advance!!!

edit: perhaps this question would be better suited in General hardware discussion?

Last edited:
The closest thing you will get to ootb compatibility would be AQC107 based cards. You just need to enable the following in OpenCore for it to work in Monterey.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 7.18.34 AM.png

Some Intel SFP+ cards can work but you would need to mod the firmware a bit and use 3rd party drivers...

Thanks for speedy reply!
Did I correctly understand that ASUS XG-C100F is AQC107 card? It has SFP+ port... which I would prefer.
Are there any differences between 10GbaseT and SFP+ cards with regards to hackintosh (opencore)?

AQC107 is 10GBase-T, not SFP+.

If you want SFP+, please check the guide below:

Also note that SolarFlare SFP+ stopped updating drivers for macOS a long time ago and their cards should not be expected to work with Monterey.

There are two ASUS XG 10 Gbit cards: XG-C100C - with 10GbaseT connector & XG-C100F - with SFP+ connector.
As far as I can tell (my google foo is suspect, I admit) both cards are based on Aquantia AQC107 chipset.

As for SolarFlare, I have that card and it doesn't work in Monterey with drivers for 10.9 (latest that I could find).
I tried injecting them with opencore, but they wouldn't load - the card is not recognised.

There are two ASUS XG 10 Gbit cards: XG-C100C - with 10GbaseT connector & XG-C100F - with SFP+ connector.
As far as I can tell (my google foo is suspect, I admit) both cards are based on Aquantia AQC107 chipset.

As for SolarFlare, I have that card and it doesn't work in Monterey with drivers for 10.9 (latest that I could find).
I tried injecting them with opencore, but they wouldn't load - the card is not recognised.

I've never seen any reports of anyone trying or successfully using an XG-C100F. You'll be going in to uncharted territory there...

Yes. I used to use the SolarFlare cards too but switched to 10GBase-T when Apple added support for AQC107.

I bought Asus XG-C100F card with SFP+ connector.
After a day and night of trying to get it to work in Moterey and Big Sur I’m at the end of my wits!
System as it is now is Big Sur 11.6.8, OpenCore 0.7.9, SMBIOS 18,3 - Config.plist is in attach…

Card is present as:
Vendor: 0x1D6A
Device: 0x00B1
Sub Vendor: 0x1043
Sub Device: 0x874A
IOReg Name: /PCI0@0/RP21@1B,4/PXSX@0
Device Path: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Please help…

Attachments

• Config.plist
    25.6 KB · Views: 22
Due an update.

I have a OC 8.5 with Monterey, tried 8.5 with Big Sur neither worked… this is just a moment in time ;-) while going slightly mad…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back