Contribute
Register

10.8.3 on z77-ds3h results spinning apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the names of those kexts? I must be blind because I can't seem to find them. Thanks!

The HD Graphics kexts are called AppleIntelHDXXXXXXXXX Put either numbers or "graphics" etc. If you sort by date you should see them in the section marked March 10th, 2013, as that's when the dev's finalized them.

P

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 444
Chris,

As I found with my machine, check to make sure in your BIOS that instead of disabling the graphics set it to use the PCIe card first. That fixed my issue.

Good luck!

On my Asrock board setting graphics to PCIe didn't do it. Probably will work better on Gigabyte boards I would expect. Can go either way.

Chris,

As I found with my machine, check to make sure in your BIOS that instead of disabling the graphics set it to use the PCIe card first. That fixed my issue.

Good luck!
Dude! You da man! Worked perfectly!

I actually tried disabling the onboard graphics first, which worked, and then I tried setting it to init the PCI card first, which also worked.

The funny thing is I noticed my system boots much faster with the HD4000 graphics disabled (around 10 seconds). With it enabled (and inited after the PCI card) the boot time is around 30 seconds. Not sure what's going on there.

In any case, I'm happy to have a working 10.8.3 system! Thanks!

Same result for me. Boot up total is about 16-18 seconds to log-in with onboard graphics disabled, including the 5 sec delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back