Graphics
radeon 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
update to 10.8.2 on my hack results in never ending spinning apple logo.

MoBo GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
8 gigs ram
gtx 660 ti msi power edition
240 gb boot ssd + 500 gig secondary storage/ backup drive
i5 2400

verbose stops on
ACPI:System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

I have heard about the OemSmbios plugin issue but can't find this plugin in the fakesmc kext so I don't think its the issue.

restored now but looking to update. any fix? any help is appreciated.

update to 10.8.2 on my hack results in never ending spinning apple logo.

MoBo GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
8 gigs ram
gtx 660 ti msi power edition
240 gb boot ssd + 500 gig secondary storage/ backup drive
i5 2400

verbose stops on
ACPI:System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

I have heard about the OemSmbios plugin issue but can't find this plugin in the fakesmc kext so I don't think its the issue.

restored now but looking to update. any fix? any help is appreciated.

What options are you using in MultiBeast to install? Are you using the new UEFI BIOS or the legacy BIOS?

Dil83

bois version f9, just running the combo update nothing from multibeast on update.

when I first set up the hack:
userdsdt
acl889 + patched apple hda
gtx 670 680 690 opencl enabler
trim support
graphics enabler=no
system utilities
ran snow leopard first then lion and every versiopn of ml since day 1
anything else?

bios version f9, just running the combo update nothing from multibeast on update.

when I first set up the hack:
userdsdt
acl889 + patched apple hda
gtx 670 680 690 opencl enabler
trim support
graphics enabler=no
system utilities
ran snow leopard first then lion and every versiopn of ml since day 1
anything else?

It sounds like you may be using an older version of MultiBeast, possibly 4.6.1?? In the older versions of MultiBeast, the PlugIns for FakeSMC.kext were simply installed in the /System/Library/Extensions folder. Only the newest MultiBeast 5 started installing the PlugIns in a PlugIns folder within FakeSMC.kext.

I have the GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 which is almost identical to your motherboard. I had a problem with OemSMBios.kext and the 10.8.2 update on my X58 machine, so before I updated to 10.8.2 on my Z68 machine I removed that kext as a precaution. I'm now up and running 100% on all systems.

Take a look in your /System/Library/Extensions folder and see if OemSMBios.kext is installed there, and if so, remove it. Also, make sure you are using the native 10.8 AppleACPIPlatform.kext, NOT the AppleACPIPlatform Rollback included in MultiBeast. There's no need for the rollback.

One last thing is that I personally updated to the new UEFI BIOS on both my Z68 motherboards, and everything is running perfectly. Although others may disagree with me, I would recommend upgrading to UEFI. Keep in mind that if you do that, then you need to remove your current DSDT.aml from your /Extra folder beforehand, because the DSDT is entirely different in the UEFI BIOS. After the upgrade, the only reason you would need an edited DSDT.aml is if you want HDMI audio to work, or if you want to add your HDEF edit for onboard audio.

Good Luck,

Dil83

I'm getting this too, I think it was when I updated not sure, I removed the OemSMBios.kext inside of FakeSMC.kext and I couldn't find OemSMBios.kext inside of the S/L/E, did anyone find a fix for this?! At the moment I cannot boot, not with any of these -x -v -f.

I found the plugin in s/l/e and not in the fakesmc kext I don't know whats up. i suggest you post a new thread w/ your specific hardward and issue including where the -v boot freezes.

I had the same issue as you.
I'm using Z68MX-UD2H-B3 motherboard, but I updated my BIOS firmware to UEFI.
The way I solved problem: in safe boot (-x) I'm replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext in /System/Library/Extensions to 10.8.1 version with MultiBeast 5.2.1.
Hope, this will help you. :)

Hi everyone
this happen to me sometime
Any solution ??????
Thanks a lot

MOBO: Z77UP4TH I7 3770s 16g ram1333 HD4000 HD6850 1g osx10.8.2 win8pro

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 301
Status
Not open for further replies.