Graphics
I810
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
:banghead:I have GIGABYTE H77M-D3H motherboard, Core-i3 with NVIDIA Geforce GT 610 (ASUS) Graphics card. In my box Mountain Lion 10.8.0 works quite well but but 10.8.2 combo update always fails. I have tried replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext and FakeSMC with Multibeast but no luck. Boot screen stuck after detecting NTFS volumes and no GUI. Safe boot stuck just after CPUPowerManagement. Is this because my display card (NVIDIA Geforce GT 610) is not compatible with 10.8.2 version or something else?

I have the same issue:(

Back up and Running...I did a clean install 10.8.0 then used Multibeast. Back up and Running...Network and sound working. Able to restart(although I think combo update may install automatically if I restart again) and boot fine. Not sure if it's safe to restart? Have not updated to 10.8.2 yet? Once I update to 10.8.2, do I use Multibeast again with all the settings again(boxes checked) or just the sound driver checked?

Robert

Components
Apple OS X Snow Leopard DVD @ Apple Store
Apple OS X Mountain Lion @ Mac Apps Store
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX
Intel Core i3 3225 Processor 3.3 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
Corsair 8 GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB Hard Drive
Asus EN210 GF 210 1gb
Philips Lite-On DH-24ABS62B

Already Owned
Dell Dimension 5100 Case (Heavily Modded)
Philips 19" LCD VGA Flatscreen Monitor
Dell Wired Keyboard
Del Wired Mouse

Hello guys, after update from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2, i can boot only with safe mode. This is the startup output with verbose option enabled. Thanks for help!
img20121227212754.jpg
EDIT: I've managed to fix with 10.8.1 Rollback and NullCPUPowerManagement options in Multibeast.

Hello,
I haven't exactly the same hardware, but you can try this solution :

What I did :

1. Install 10.8.2 with combo update pkg from Apple website
2. Reboot with "-v -x"
3. Install Nvidia Fermi OpenCL driver from Multibeast
4. Install Nvidia driver from Nvidia website : http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html
5. Repair permissions with Disk Utility before reboot !
6. Reboot and enjoy

Original thread : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...pdate-10-8-2-dant-find-oemsmbios-fakesmc.html

How long did you all wait for the 10.8.2 update to finish?

I let it do the updates, and it froze, seemingly, at 10 minutes to go - in others words, the progress bar got almost all the way until the end and then stopped.

However, I let it sit there for probably 15 minutes, then did a hard reset. It booted back up just fine.

I've seen this behavior before in other operating systems: the visual of the progress bar doesn't reflect the actual progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back