Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
followed the steps, try to boot "installer" partition and the comes the kernel panic
any help would be great

Boot up so you get the KP again. Write down what kext caused the panic. Right now my VoooDooHDA is causing a KP so I have no sound on same MOBO as you so might be the same KEXT. Once you know what one it is and have it written down boot back up with a -x this time to boot up in safe mode. Delete the Kext causing the problem. Should be found in system/library/extensions . Once you do this run Multibeast again and just check "System Utilities" checkbox. Then restart and see if you still get the KP. If you still get it and its a new kext repeat process.

Here's the fix
If you are experiencing a hang on the install when booted or a kp then you have to
1.boot to original sl drive
2. delete any custom sleep kext you may have
3 got to your install drive and remove acpi_smc_platform plugin found in system/library/extensions/ioplatformpluginfamily.kext/show package contents/contents/plugins
4. run multibeast on the sl drive and check easy beast and system utilities
5. reboot to install it should work now.

you are both right, i deleted the sleep enabler kext, ran system utilities, finished the install, running lion with all system go, thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back