Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a system currently running 10.12.2 and would like to upgrade to 10.15.7.

I no issues on 10.12.2 currently on the following hardware:

Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene (BIOS 3801)
Proc: Intel i7-6700K 4.00GHz
Memory: Ballistix Sport 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4 2400
System Drive: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe
GPU: Currently just running the onboard Intel HD 530 (but will have access to an nVidia GTX980ti soon)

I have a Unibeast built Catalina USB install drive but am wondering if there's an upgrade path I can take without having to do a fresh install. Any help or advice on this matter is greatly appreciated.

I no issues on 10.12.2 currently on the following hardware:
IMO it's too big of a leap to go from Sierra all the way to Catalina.

First try updating to 10.12.6. Then make a bootable backup before attempting any upgrade. After that try High Sierra with an in Place upgrade. You may need to update Clover first. Not sure what version you're on. Good idea to update your kexts from Acidanthera too.

If HS works ok then try the Catalina upgrade. Make sure you have Clover r5119. Don't use versions newer than that.

Last edited:
Great, thanks for the replys... I'll look at doing a few little leaps first (I have a full backup of my system on another drive to restore from), and see how it goes.

IMO it's too big of a leap to go from Sierra all the way to Catalina.

First try updating to 10.12.6. Then make a bootable backup before attempting any upgrade. After that try High Sierra with an in Place upgrade. You may need to update Clover first. Not sure what version you're on. Good idea to update your kexts from Acidanthera too.

If HS works ok then try the Catalina upgrade. Make sure you have Clover r2119. Don't use versions newer than that.
I suppose what you mean is Clover 5119, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back