Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4771
Graphics
GT740
Guys,

I tried to build my 1st hackintosh on and older setup, but it was torture. I just caved in and bought brand new hardware to supposedly make my life easier... But I seem to be having worse luck with the hardware from the "Buyers Guide"

Core i7-4771
Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
EVGA GeForece Gt740
Samsung PC3-12800R 4x4GB
OCZ Deneva 2 SSD

Right now, the only Unibeast I can get to work is Yosemite. Mountain Lion gets stuck as some FakeSMCKeyStore line and I couldnt get past it.

The 2 major problems I'm trying to defeat now are:

• Kernel Panics that call out com.apple.NVIDIA (something like that, def mentions NVIDIA)
  • System will not power off

The Kernel Panics are completely inconsistent. Sometimes I can get Yosemite to boot by using -v GraphicsEnabler=No , but it doesnt always work. Sometimes, the system will crash on Shutdown and twice, it just randomly froze.

The system seemed great before I ran the latest version of Multibeast for Yosemite. I selected DSDT Free, Realtek Ethernet and the rest was default selections.

BIOS
  • Disabled Onboard Video and Audio
  • AHCI
  • Virtualization - Disabled
  • VT-d - disabled
  • Turbo Boost - Disabled

What am I missing here fellas? I don't want to sacrifice for on-board graphics... especially when the card I bought is supposed to be supported.

My Girlfriends thanks you all in advance,
Mo

*removed GT740 to troubelshoot power down issue and freezes...

Reinstalled 10.10.1 , so far no freezing. System power completely off when booted from Unibeast, but doesn't work after i run MB. I checked off EVOreboot.kext , but didn't work. I also tried to manually check /Library/Extensions and didn't find the evoreboot.kext file there.

Is this where I'm supposed to look? How do I duplicate what the Unibeast USB is doing for the power?

Thanks

***Resolved Power Issues***

I realized that the Unibeast USB drives my friend gave me had a DSDT for my old system board in the Extra folders. Removed, re-installed Yosemite without Graphics card and seems stable

So i'm not out of the woodwork yet. My system is pretty stable running on Intel Graphics, but is not stable when i install the EVGA GeForce GT 740

The first time I put it in, system always boots no problem. The next reboot shows me this Kernel Panic.
FullSizeRender.jpg

I know for sure the card is good. I used it in my Windows setup for a month. In my BIOS > Periph > Boot Video is set to PCIex1 (where the card is) and Intel Graphics are Disabled. I also tried using the Chameleon Wizard to change my system to an iMac 14,2 with Haswell LGA1150 and GT755m graphics.

Any suggestions from here?

Re-installed 10.10.1 using Clover yesterday. So far so good.

Looks like Clover has got the Yosemite bugs covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back