Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thank you for your guide. But this article is too complicated. So I can't understand. Ii still don't know how to enable HS14 to use Intel Bluetooth.

Creating USB maps is a requirement for hackintoshing, so it's time to grow this skill.
The long option is to follow the guide to create a whole map by yourself.
The shorter option is to edit the info.plist file within an existing USB map. (Right-click and show the package content to access it, then use your favourite plist editor.)

Either way you have to decide which other port to disable while enabling HS14 so as to keep within the 15 port limit of macOS.

Hello! I thought I'd attempt to upgrade my machine to Sonoma as I'm still running Monterey on this beast. I orderd a new NVMe. I started to make the boot thumb drive, and I'm not getting past the boot menu. Once I click Install Mac OS Sonoma with the OpenCore picker, it just holds on a Black Screen. I let it sit there for 5 min. but never got a picture again. Figured I'd see if anyone here had an any ideas, as I've doubled check and triple checked everything I could think of.

I have put in the OC 1.0.0 Update.
I have Sonoma on a USB drive v14.5

I used MacPro7,1 this time around as I heard it may work better with my 6900 XT. I then turned on RestrictEvents.kext and generated new SMBIOS info. After this I remapped the RAM according to the post made by @rj510 and enabled Custom Memory.

My Boot args as follows: keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera alcid=11 shikigva=80 -mausiwol

I then went through @CaseySJ Sonoma Mini Guide
I disabled Secure Boot
then added the v2.3.0-alpha Sonoma Intel Wifi Drivers

I then:
Enable VT-d in BIOS
Disable kernel quirk DisableIOMapper
Enable kernel quirk DisableIOMapperMapping

This is all happening on a Vision D Z490 mainboard.

Thank in advance for your help and second set of eyes!

Attachments

• 01tony.png
    01tony.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 02tony.png
    02tony.png
    715.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 03tony.png
    03tony.png
    801.2 KB · Views: 4
Hello! I thought Id attempt to upgrade my machine to Sonoma as Im still running Monterey on this beast. I orderd a new NVME, but I started to make the boot thumb drive and Im not getting past the boot menu. Once I click Install Mac OS Sonoma with the opencore picker it just holds on a Black Screen. I let it sit there for 5min but never got a picture again. Figured Id see if anyone here had an any ideas, as Ive doubled check and triple checked everything I could think of.

I have put in the OC 1.0.0 Update.
I have Sonoma on a USB drive v14.5

I used MacPro7,1 this time around as I heard it may work better with my 6900XT. I then turned on RestrictEvents.kext and generated new SMBIOS info. After this I remapped the RAM according to the post made by @rj510 and enabled Custom Memory.

My Boot args as follows: keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera alcid=11 shikigva=80 -mausiwol

I then went through @CaseySJ Sonoma Mini Guide
I disabled Secure Boot
then added the v2.3.0-alpha Sonoma Intel Wifi Drivers

I then:
Enable VT-d in BIOS
Disable kernel quirk DisableIOMapper
Enable kernel quirk DisableIOMapperMapping

This is all happening on a Vision D Z490 mainboard.

Thank in advance for your help and second set of eyes!

Hi there.

Probably a good idea to add the "-v" verbose boot command so that you can see at what point the installation stops.

Also ensure SecureBootModel is set to "Disabled" in the Security/Misc section of config.plist.

:)

Hi there.

Probably a good idea to add the "-v" verbose boot command so that you can see at what point the installation stops.

Also ensure SecureBootModel is set to "Disabled" in the Security/Misc section of config.plist.

:)

Good calls on both. SecureBootModel was disabled. I added the -v to the startup args and now it works? So strange. I guess, off I go to install Sonoma. Fingers crossed! With any luck I'll be back in a hour or two with a new OS. Thanks!

after i upgraded to 14.4.1, i find that system can not show 14.5 update.
how to fix this issue? thanks a lot.

Back