Contribute
Register

9800 GT Crazy Noises

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan said:
What was the problem with the MultiBeast 1.1.0 DSDT? We need to know of all problems so we can fix them.

Kernel would hang with errors "SerialATAPI initial device configuration did not complete" (didn't mean to derail the thread here).

Wow, okay I must have gotten mine mixed up. :thumbup:

Also.. I fixed my Intel squeal / whine / whistle by disabling the C1E processor feature in the BIOS on my GA-P55M-UD4! This had no impact on performance, since it's just an extra-low-power state, but of course it will use a few more watts when idling.

Guys I would give this a try, it was like night and day for my perceived-video-card noise issue.

Coadey said:
Wow, okay I must have gotten mine mixed up. :thumbup:

Also.. I fixed my Intel squeal / whine / whistle by disabling the C1E processor feature in the BIOS on my GA-P55M-UD4! This had no impact on performance, since it's just an extra-low-power state, but of course it will use a few more watts when idling.

Guys I would give this a try, it was like night and day for my perceived-video-card noise issue.

For a while the one is Multibeast was not the best one. They fixed it and now they are the same.

I didn't see that the GTX 285 does it.... Found a couple used cheap...Maybe I can ask the guy...

Kind of late to the party here as I had RMA'd a board, but I too can confirm with the PNY GTS 250 I get noise on the DVI port farthest from the motherboard. Switching it out quieted things down quite a bit.

I'll give the Bios tweaks a try because I have he same issue with squeaking. Running yes > /dev/null via Terminal stops it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back