Contribute
Register

Z77X-UD5H - USB Problems - Reboot (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it may be something to do power, I switched my USB devices round and have had less problems. I moved the items I plug and unplug into the red sockets and put the other items items into the Blue sockets.

I am using Clover and a patched DSDT, which was used to solve power issues under Mavericks. I may remove the DSDT to see if the problem is there after.

I will let you know.

Just for the sake of playing around I flashed my bios with the Ozmosis bootloader and I'm seeing the same problems with USB so I don't think this is particular to Clover or Chameleon, I'm guessing it's a BIOS Setting? I'm not sure what though.

I'm also having these problems and it is very annoying.

Under your BIOS > Peripherals > XHCI > change from auto to enabled.

I same some issues in the past with USB 3.0 not working, and USB losing connection. After I removed the USB.kext and turned that on. I have USB 3.0 support now and no major USB problems

Under your BIOS > Peripherals > XHCI > change from auto to enabled.

I'm having this problem. After sleep, plugging in USB devices causes a reboot.
Changing XHCI to enabled didn't fix it – it did prevent the keyboard from working before the OS loaded, however. (Since, consequently, I couldn't access CMOS configuration, I couldn't undo it until I hit the CMOS reset switch.)

I haven't installed any Multibeast drivers yet. That might be next on my list of things to try. (I'm using Clover as my bootloader and load my audio and network kexts through Clover).

I'm also on the Z77X-UD5H (F14) board with clover and don't experience any issue while connecting USB peripherals after wake - including my iPhone 5S - so it's odd that you guys are having problems. A couple questions: Are you guys on the latest stable BIOS? What SMBIOS are y'all using?

I'm also on the Z77X-UD5H (F14) board with clover and don't experience any issue while connecting USB peripherals after wake - including my iPhone 5S - so it's odd that you guys are having problems. A couple questions: Are you guys on the latest stable BIOS? What SMBIOS are y'all using?

SMBIOS iMac 13,2 (because I use Asus GTX650)

I am usign Z77X-UD5H (rev.1.1) with F15q

Can you please update your bios and check, if you still don't have any issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back