GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
i recently updated my system to Yosemite using clover.

Because i had an older graphic card (Geforce GT6400) that does not support GOP UEFI boot i had a black screen
during boot.

So i decided to get a new card. I got the recommended card from the Buers' Guide "Evga Geforce GT 740"
I did no changes in config plist or bios. During boot i have my screen back..that is the good but..

the strange thing is the system boots up to the apple logo starts loading reboots, starts up a second time till the apple logo
starts loading and reboots again then at the third try it boots into the desktop and all is working.

Any ideas what to do to get to a straight one time boot?

i recently updated my system to Yosemite using clover.

Because i had an older graphic card (Geforce GT6400) that does not support GOP UEFI boot i had a black screen
during boot.

So i decided to get a new card. I got the recommended card from the Buers' Guide "Evga Geforce GT 740"
I did no changes in config plist or bios. During boot i have my screen back..that is the good but..

the strange thing is the system boots up to the apple logo starts loading reboots, starts up a second time till the apple logo
starts loading and reboots again then at the third try it boots into the desktop and all is working.

Any ideas what to do to get to a straight one time boot?

that model should be supported OOB (out of the box). I've got no knowledge on how clover works, but please try to boot with -v GraphicsEnabler=No , and post a screenshot here.

GL & HF

that model should be supported OOB (out of the box). I've got no knowledge on how clover works, but please try to boot with -v GraphicsEnabler=No , and post a screenshot here.

GL & HF

thanks,

i tried some different bios setting and the strange thing is that on some starts it goes through with no reboots and then it needs
three boots to get to the desktop.

I will try a different card tonight and give an update on the result.

i did give the GT740 back because it was too noise and did upgrade to the MSI GTX770.

Problem is still there it takes about two to three attempts to boot. Sometimes it boots right up.

I have the internal graphic enabled / init first display IGFX /

I tried to boot with different graphic injections in clover but no luck.
Do i need to do a bios flash with this card first to boot UEFI?

So far i have no idea how to solve this?

OK

it's working now.

Here is what i had to do to make it work.
- set first init. display in Bios to IGFX
- unchecked Load VBios in clover config plist
- added nvda_dv=1 and slide=0 in clover config plist in boot section.

It boots up very fast. Both graphic card internal 400HD and GTX770 are working fine.

well i was happy top early,

problem is back but a little different.

If i wake up from sleep and do a restart no problem system just boots up like normal.

If i shut down the system for a longer period of time i getting the boot loop.
- system starts bios screen, clover boot screen Apple Loge screen but nothing loads then reboot
same thing.
- sometimes it is enough to stop at the clover boot screen and select just any key go back and let it start from the yosemite
drive. Sometimes i power off the system totally restart and it works.

After the System is back up i can restart the system as many times i want with now problem.

It is just like the system is loosing information when it is in sleep mode or shut down for a loner time ?

Just like a "in germany we say Wackelkontakt (loose connection).

I have attached my clover config (without serial)

Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• config.plist
    3 KB · Views: 158
well i was happy top early,

problem is back but a little different.

If i wake up from sleep and do a restart no problem system just boots up like normal.

If i shut down the system for a longer period of time i getting the boot loop.
- system starts bios screen, clover boot screen Apple Loge screen but nothing loads then reboot
same thing.
- sometimes it is enough to stop at the clover boot screen and select just any key go back and let it start from the yosemite
drive. Sometimes i power off the system totally restart and it works.

After the System is back up i can restart the system as many times i want with now problem.

It is just like the system is loosing information when it is in sleep mode or shut down for a loner time ?

Just like a "in germany we say Wackelkontakt (loose connection).

I have attached my clover config (without serial)

Any help is appreciated

looks like a Clover issue then. Please try usong Chimera. You can install this using MultiBeast. Personally I've had no issues using sleepmode before. But disabled it and just use screensave instead.
Hope that works for you.

Auf wiedersehen :p

GL & HF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back