Contribute
Register

Won't boot past apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
jabamford,
thanks. I reinstalled with the settings you mentioned in MultiBeast and attempted to boot up using GraphicsEnabler=No -v No success there. Still gets hung up at around the same point.
I also tried GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x and GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v -x.... no luck with either of those. Maybe it has to do with my BIOS settings (the only changes I made to the BIOS from optimal settings are those listed in my first post). Just so we're on the same page, I'll detail what exactly I installed with multibeast this time.
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.4 TRIM Patch
Driver > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315
Driver > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 Plugins
Driver > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 HWMonitor Application
Driver > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14
Driver > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

disable your onboard Graphics make sure your dedicated graphics is set to Primary then boot with GraphicsEnabler=No -v you shouldn't have no issues then if you do.... do a clean install then do your multi beast settings don't use NullCPUPowermanagement you don't need it your Graphics should show up like mine do. Report if you still have issues

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 23.45.55.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 23.45.55.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 23.46.42.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 23.46.42.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 98
I did a fresh install with the MultiBeast settings below. Everything is set up as you said in addition to the Bios settings mentioned in my OP. The dedicated graphics is set to primary and the onboard graphics is disabled. I booted with GraphicsEnabler=no -v. I still get hung up at the same spot. Not sure what else needs to be done to get this right.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 8.17.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 8.17.32 PM.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 20140728_203707.jpg
    20140728_203707.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 89
what have you disabled in the bios? also what is your motherboard and CPU? because this is strange its stuck on something which is pretty strange make sure vt-D is disabled in the bios because OSX won't boot if it is also can you post your bios settings for us

I did a fresh install with the MultiBeast settings below. Everything is set up as you said in addition to the Bios settings mentioned in my OP. The dedicated graphics is set to primary and the onboard graphics is disabled. I booted with GraphicsEnabler=no -v. I still get hung up at the same spot. Not sure what else needs to be done to get this right.
According to your original post you are using an i7 cpu instead of a Xeon cpu so I wouldn't recommend you use the system definition mac pro 5,1 unless you have a Xeon cpu which may be causing some of you problems use mac pro 3,1 if you don't have a Xeon cpu or use iMac system definitions try booting with SMBIOS=null or SMBIOSDefaults=Yes to default back to mac pro 3,1 also if you can make it through the installation to the multi beast settings then it has some thing to do with multi beast and not the bios settings you wouldn't be able to make it to the Mac OS X installer if it were bios related so we can rule that out bios issues typically lead to instant kernel panics

Will it boot up using a unibeast thumb drive?
GraphicsEnabler=No is defaulted in Chimera and in Unibeast so that boot flag is not needed

There is always a possibility that your unibeast installer is corrupted may wanna try a fresh download of Mavericks via the Mac app store and then remake the unibeast drive then reinstall. If you choose to do so when you get to the unibeast step only choose FakeSMC and chimera and nothing else at this point to limit your variables right now you have been selecting a lot of this which is a lot of variables. Since FakeSMC is a must and chimera is also or at least some kind of boot loader is anyhow. Start with them and only them. Then go back and choose other options one at a time.

BIOS Settings
vt-d disabled
EHCI Hand-off Enabled
XHCI Hand-off Enabled
Disabled Wake on LAN
Set xHCI mode to Auto (Started with Smart Auto)
Set Memory to Profile 1
Disabled Onboard Intel Graphics

I haven't strayed from these settings since the beginning.

I've tried to load MultiBeast with MacPro 3,1 system definitions along with all the other macpro definitions. Still nothing (Ive done about 7 fresh installs already with varying settings). I also attempted to boot using the USB boot drive yielding the same results. I constantly get hung up at the same place.

One thought that just occurred to me... maybe it makes no difference. The version of Mavericks 10.9.4 that I downloaded from the Apple Store was taken from my late 2009 iMac. Could this be influencing the install? Should I use an iMac system definition?

When you selected MacPro5,1 System Definition did you remember to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back