Contribute
Register

WonkeyDonkey's Steambox Pro - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4770S - GTX 760 Gaming ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey a nice deal may come up sometime :) You can still buy the 4770 but its still a lot of money like the 3770 so. Not sure what i may do yet.

Hey a nice deal may come up sometime :) You can still buy the 4770 but its still a lot of money like the 3770 so. Not sure what i may do yet.

4770S is a great choice for this board. Very cool running and ideal for a totally silent build.

I also have my hands on a 4790T here, which was meant for OEM only at the time. 4C/8T and only 45W.

I believe the S version is low energy?

My systems atm uses a lot of electric but I'm not using the S versions. But high electric bill doesn't really bother me.

My systems atm uses a lot of electric but I'm not using the S versions. But high electric bill doesn't really bother me.

The S version I use is a good compromise between performance, power and cooling. Its more than enough for any regular desktop system really.

It made sense pairing it with this board though, since the mobo literally sips the power; very low usage indeed.

Its going to be ideal for me now too since I plan to switch it over to use as a NAS/Server build which I intend to run 24/7.

:thumbup:

Thats cool just beware of the horrible dust ;) Cant believe the amount of dust that collects on a machine thats left on 24/7 i don't turn off my main hack and i had to take it apart yesterday and clean all the horrible dust out.

Thats cool just beware of the horrible dust ;) Cant believe the amount of dust that collects on a machine thats left on 24/7 i don't turn off my main hack and i had to take it apart yesterday and clean all the horrible dust out.

Its all ok right now, but I'll bear that in mind when I finish the updated build :)

There doesn't seem to be anyway of stopping dust at all doesn't matter how many dust filters you have it always finds its way into a machine. Very annoying. But good luck with your new build :thumbup:

If you mean the latest apple wifi card in those PIC-E adaptors (94360CD ?), quite a few folks have had issues with those when not in a PCI-E(x1) slot. Something to do with power I believe. Some power up the wifi but not Bluetooth, some the complete opposite. A fix can be done in a lot of cases by using a USB power cable.

Cant comment on your restarts since Im still using my trusty old Dell DW1510 rebranded as Apple Extreme - still going strong :) You could verify if it is Bluetooth causing the issue or not by simply removing the card and seeing if the problem persists.

FYI, I am using 2 of these boards now, both C2 versions. One for my daily desktop, and the other is running a really nice NAS setup, using OSX with 4 x SSD's. It is silently serving up all of my media files, database server, virtual machines, mass storage and all the usual NAS based stuff. 100% silent and hasn't been rebooted in months now. It just keeps on working :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back