Contribute
Register

Wifi drops in apple and is significantly faster when I boot into win 7??

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Good!
Perhaps, existing Atheros DSDT patch interferes with it, however in my case it just changed some AppleIDs.
Do you see anything in the Console if you filter by Brcm, Airport or 80211?
What about standard System Preferences-Network "device delete and add"?

If it works in Windows, it should work in OSX.

only search for "Airport" found something
1/5/13 12:45:24.819 AM Finder[452]: copyPrimaryAirPortInterface::ACInterfaceDeviceNameCopy returned NULL

I removed the old WiFi device but cant add new one.

Atheros DSDT my not exist I reinstalled Install 6

Attachments

• WiFI.jpg
    WiFI.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 125
only search for "Airport" found something
1/5/13 12:45:24.819 AM Finder[452]: copyPrimaryAirPortInterface::ACInterfaceDeviceNameCopy returned NULL

I removed the old WiFi device but cant add new one.

Atheros DSDT my not exist I reinstalled Install 6
Either hardware is not turned on properly or firmware not loaded. Windows HP driver is better prepared to work with this specific card.
Can you recheck the pin 20? Reset the laptop without battery?

Oh, forgot to mention, I rebranded my card according to this tutorial, using the following subvendor/subproduct IDs:

Vendor: 0x106B / Product: 0×0093

Warning: use it at your own risk!

do I have to rebrand to make it work? Will it work after rebranding under windows and linux?

I found the problem, it was IO80211Family.kext. I reinstalled original from 10.8.2 Combo update and it work.
But on 5Ghz Freq I get 81 Mbit/s and on 2.4Ghz only 39Mbit/s and with the Atheros I got 65Mbit/s on 2.4Ghz, is there a kext that enables 300Mbit for that Card?

I connect to a Fritzbox 7330

I found the problem, it was IO80211Family.kext. I reinstalled original from 10.8.2 Combo update and it work.
But on 5Ghz Freq I get 81 Mbit/s and on 2.4Ghz only 39Mbit/s and with the Atheros I got 65Mbit/s on 2.4Ghz, is there a kext that enables 300Mbit for that Card?

I connect to a Fritzbox 7330
Do you have any settings in the router to change channels,N-speed and it's size like 20MHz/40MHz ?
I've tested mine only in 2.4GHz range

Do you have any settings in the router to change channels,N-speed and it's size like 20MHz/40MHz ?
I've tested mine only in 2.4GHz range

I can change the channels, for N-sepeed don't see any just check box for "for 300Mbit optimized channels".
Can't chose N only, just 2.4Ght n+g and for 5Ghz n+a

With windows I can connect with 250Mbit

fund the problem again, it was the antenna. I switched from connector 1 to 2 and had 300Mbit but the range is not good, few meters away from router I have already 81Mbit. I will get 2nd antenna for the 2nd connector on the card, maybe will help.

Thx for Help!

Attachments

• wlan_ant1.jpg
    wlan_ant1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 195
  • wlan_ant2.jpg
    wlan_ant2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 165
  • wlan_ant3.jpg
    wlan_ant3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 175
  • wlan_ant4.jpg