Contribute
Register

Wifi drops in apple and is significantly faster when I boot into win 7??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Im a little confused by what you all are saying is.. well im a sheep. Are you saying to install diffrent drivers to run with the Alfa??
Are you saying to install a diffrent network card in my computer(the Atheros one works fine)
Or are you saying to install diffrent drivers for my Atheros?? Again very new and I didnt quite understand what you all were talking about

Ok Im a little confused by what you all are saying is.. well im a sheep. Are you saying to install diffrent drivers to run with the Alfa??
Are you saying to install a diffrent network card in my computer(the Atheros one works fine)
Or are you saying to install diffrent drivers for my Atheros?? Again very new and I didnt quite understand what you all were talking about
If it works for you leave it like it is. Nothing more can be done for built-in Atheros card. Your alfa network card awus036nh is USB based so it will use different set of drivers.
As far as Atheros speeds, Windows drivers are specifically written for this card. In OS X drivers are written for similar AR9285 card 168c,2a we are using 168c,2b. It works but only up to 67Mbps

As you know I use 300Mbps BCM94322HM8L card. It is fully supported in OSX (100%). In Windows drivers are provided by HP. Works in Linux after downloading firmware(bcmwl) by connecting Ethernet first. After using it for 2 months I'm quite happy. Only con is the "702 card unsupported blah blah" message at the boot.
And no need to fiddle with eGPU. We are using modified FanReset.dylib with Chimera.

I got the card today and int works in windows 7 but not under 10.8.2 (No Hardware Installed), latest Installer 6 did not help.
What needs to be done to get it to work?

I got the card today and int works in windows 7 but not under 10.8.2 (No Hardware Installed), latest Installer 6 did not help.
What needs to be done to get it to work?

If you talking about the Broadcom BCM94322HM8L card, in order to make it work, you must:

1. Have the modified FanReset.dylib module for Chimera (already included in every OS-specific option in the Installer).
2. Put a piece of tape on pin 20.

If you talking about the Broadcom BCM94322HM8L card, in order to make it work, you must:

1. Have the modified FanReset.dylib module for Chimera (already included in every OS-specific option in the Installer).
2. Put a piece of tape on pin 20.

yes the BCM94322HM8L and I did both 1. and 2. I also have taped pin 36 38 for my BT hardware hack but it works in Win7.
What do I have to select in Installer?

yes the BCM94322HM8L and I did both 1. and 2. I also have taped pin 36 38 for my BT hardware hack but it works in Win7.
What do I have to select in Installer?

Only the 10.8.2 option (I presume you have 10.8.2 installed). Then you'll find a folder named modules in the Extra folder and the FanReset.dylib module will be there. On the next reboot the port will be active even with forbidden card, inserted in it.

Only the 10.8.2 option (I presume you have 10.8.2 installed). Then you'll find a folder named modules in the Extra folder and the FanReset.dylib module will be there. On the next reboot the port will be active even with forbidden card, inserted in it.

FanReset.dylib is in the folder rebooted and nothing.

my says:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_432B&SUBSYS_1509103C&REV_01
All Good!
Perhaps, existing Atheros DSDT patch interferes with it, however in my case it just changed some AppleIDs.
Do you see anything in the Console if you filter by Brcm, Airport or 80211?
What about standard System Preferences-Network "device delete and add"?

If it works in Windows, it should work in OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back