Contribute
Register

Vanilla Kernel and 10.6.7 with GA-P67A-UD5-B3 <GUIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vanilla SB 10.6.7 with GA-P67A-UD5-B3 or HUGE SUCCESS <GUIDE

fuma said:
You don't need any flags in your Boot.plist, also you could just install retail, do the 10.6.7 update, then install the kernel from the MBP 10.6.7 update with pacifist, install your bootloader, add your kexts, and shave a lot of time off that install.

Thanks. Do you need to extract and manually install the kernel, or can you use the install function of pacifist to do so? (not downloaded it yet)

Fuma: What is the exact set of Kext that you are using for your setup?

Yoga: I can't comment on the pacifist method since I didn't use that. But what I do know is that if I don't follow my setup to the letter. I get a grey or blue screen after boot right where the GFX initialization should occur.

I added Evoreboot, becuase my computer gets stuck at shutdown, something about the USB3 driver. Not a perfect solution, but will do till I find something better.

Can you confirm that SATA III (6.0G) is working?

I know that the ports work.. connected drives to all of them (both white ones Internal, and the ones on the back Esata) but I currently only have Sata II Hard Drives so I only get SATA II speed. So I can not check if they link at SATA III speeds. I am waiting for the Vertex 3 SSD to take this dip. Should be out any day now.

michote said:
I know that the ports work.. connected drives to all of them (both white ones Internal, and the ones on the back Esata) but I currently only have Sata II Hard Drives so I only get SATA II speed. So I can not check if they link at SATA III speeds. I am waiting for the Vertex 3 SSD to take this dip. Should be out any day now.

When i used the SATAIII ports i was getting spinning rainbows of death (SROD) but changing to SATA II fixed that. Dunno if your getting that or not...

You need sleepenabler for sleep to work or a proper DSDT and native power management. Those last two things is what we are missing.

I have them both set on SATA3 and both ACHI, but with SATA2 disks. No problems. I would know because I am progressively cloning my working installs on those ports. Not using the GSATA drivers on Multibeast, since they are for another chipset JMicro, and our board has a Marvell 9182 chipset for the back ESATA.

michote said:
I have them both set on SATA3 and both ACHI, but with SATA2 disks. No problems. I would know because I am progressively cloning my working installs on those ports. Not using the GSATA drivers on Multibeast, since they are for another chipset JMicro, and our board has a Marvell 9182 chipset for the back ESATA.

yeah forgot i was posting in a UD5 thread lol

Is there a version of dsdt auto patcher newer then ver .4? I'm not seeing one and .4 doesn't list any gigabyte p67 boards. I got mine from kexts.com, some where else I should be shopping?

Edit: Nevermind, found it on insanelymac, FYI.

Yoga said:
fuma said:
You don't need any flags in your Boot.plist, also you could just install retail, do the 10.6.7 update, then install the kernel from the MBP 10.6.7 update with pacifist, install your bootloader, add your kexts, and shave a lot of time off that install.

Thanks. Do you need to extract and manually install the kernel, or can you use the install function of pacifist to do so? (not downloaded it yet)

yep, you can just highlight the kernel and hit install to default location within pacifist... or you can use tonymac's new bridge installer (basically the same thing)... it installs the sandy bridge kernel.

michote said:
Fuma: What is the exact set of Kext that you are using for your setup?

I'm using a DSDT patched with DSDT Auto-Patcher (v.4) - but i'm not confident it's actually patching everything is says it is... because this was compiled before the B3 revisions came out, and obviously a different BIOS than we're using.

I've been toying around with different combinations, I hate anything being installed into S/L/E, my past 3 vanilla builds all had 100% virgin apple kexts in S/L/E and a few overrides in E/E, but most info in DSDT.

I just havent had the time to dig in and recompile my own DSDT with this board with all the new discoveries over the last year or so.

(some of these may not be needed) but here is my E/E...

ALC8xxHDA.kext
EvOreboot.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IOUSBFamily.kext *moved from S/L/E
IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext *moved from S/L/E
JMicron36xATA.kext - I dont need really.
JMicron36xSATA.kext
LegacyAppleRTC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

...and the only other added kexts in S/L/E are:

RealtekRTL81xx.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back