Contribute
Register

Vanilla Kernel and 10.6.7 with GA-P67A-UD5-B3 <GUIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody would use AMD.

Yea,

I would not use AMD I tried it 10 years ago but I switched to Intel cpu's.

I just thought that AMD would have made some progress over the years.
If I used AMD I could build an affordable 12 core Hackintosh unfortunately it doesn't sound to promising.

Well it is not a matter of choice. A successful hackintosh requires the correct components. In this case OSX has never released on AMD. So there is no support for AMD in OSX. Some people hack the kernel to a legacy kernel to make this possible, but there are a lot of thing that will not work correctly even with a hacked kernel.

That is why NO ONE would build a new Hack on AMD.

If apple ever release a Mac with AMD cpus this could become possible, but there is no indication of this happening.

BTW if you wanted a 12 core machine the cheapest way to do it is a real mac. Even though it is possible to get a Dual Xeon board with 6 cores each since it is not a common config it will end up costing more that a real MacPro. On the other hand a new sandy bridge with a 2600k will have almost the same power of some dual core xeons with a geek bench of 15000 if you over clock it. This is higher than most Mac Pros least two or three models. So depending one what you need it for this is the same bang for the buck.

http://www.primatelabs.ca/geekbench/mac-benchmarks/

Look at this link so you can see the baseline of normal Mac. 15000 points on geekbench would put you on third place in that chart, with a machine that will cost 1/3 the price of a real Mac Pro

Consigliere said:
@Fuma

Have you found out a way to use the mobo USB3 or is it working without that kext anyway?

I don't use any USB3 devices, Firewire 800 and eSata are fine for me... All my extertnal drives use one of those.

Is it only me who have serious trouble booting the system? I wrote a topic about it in the PostInstall section but now I'm beginning to think that this is Mobo or HD oriented. It never gives me a kernel panic... Just hangs (gray apple with cross sign mark over it or in -v it looks like the picture in the post)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20908

Since posting that I've been trying to start BIOS in optimized default and then change AHCI, HPET. Because the "still waiting for root device" kind of sends gives me a hint that it has something to do with AHCI? (just guessing) I've also run latest MB3.7.1 and checked:
-sys utils
-Fake SMC
-Fake SMC Plugins
-Chimera

Anyone who have a complete list of BIOS settings? Or, even better, knows where I should look?

The strange part is this always happens when the computer has been shut down for some hours... If I get it up and running I can reboot failproof everytime? Everyting else seems to be fine.

Note: Installed with DSDT F5 on a OCZ Vertex3, W7 is working and is installed on a separated drive, Deleted the PXHXCD.kext. Gordo's guide were my guideline on how to do it. Yep, that's about all the details I could think of.

Thanks.

This guide is great, I spent 12 hours trying to get my hackintosh running, then I found this guide, and it runs great now. My only issue right now is that I have a AMD 6850, and I have to have the new drivers and graphicsenabler=no in order to boot. However, this means that certain applications force close (geekbench and dvdplayer). Is there a way to fix this issue? I have searched but cannot come up with anything. :(

Still having the same problems but... Now I'm pretty shure since I've tried this for a week now. The ol' "waiting for root device-hang" ONLY happens when coldbooting. When I restart from Win7 or OSX I boot problemfree into OSX.

Q: Is there any difference between "coldbooting" and restarting? Does BIOS behave in another way?

EDIT: Problem solved. Switched some SATA3 and SATA2 cables around and back again and now everything seems to be fine.

Hello michote,
I have followed your advice about buying components for my first hackintosh. And I bought the following components:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD5-B3
Processor: Intel Core i7-2600k
CPU cooler: Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme CPU Cooler Rev1
Memory: Patriot Viper Xtreme PC3-16000 2000MHz 2X4 Gb
Video card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1 GB HD 577XZMF3

HDD 1: Caviar Black 1 TB, SATA 6 Gb / s, 64MB Cache
HDD 2: Caviar Black 1.5 TB SATA 6 Gb / s, 64MB Cache
DVD 1: DVD ± RW 8.5GB LITEON iHAS624 With LabelTag Black
DVD 2: DVD ± RW 8.5GB LITEON iHAS324 Black
PSU: Corsair HX Series 750W
CASE: CORSAIR Obsidian 800D Black

Also, I followed your instructions to install Mac OSX 10.6.7, "Summary of New Install" and everything works great. I read that you made the upgrade to 10.6.8. Would you be able to help me about the upgrade 10.6.8? I am still newbie in this field.

Thanks.

Hi, i have this GA-P67A-UD5-B3 mobo and my hack is just perfect, cant ask for better, but im having a kind curious problem with the fakesmc plugins, wanted to monitor my sensors but don't matter what version of the fakesmc or of the plugins i try to install a aways get KP in the boot screen after restart, i have tried:

- install just the plugins with multibeast (same version i used on the system installation)
- install fakesmc + plugins with that same multibeast version
- install the lastest versions downloaded from Project OS X Forums (tried 3 diferent versions of fakesmc + plugins, aways removing the previous one first)
- install fakesmc + plugins with last version of multibeast (also removing the previous one
first)

Aways ending up with the same exact problem (KP on Restart).

I dont really understand, i see here on forum people posting that they just installed the plugins and worked right away, i did some research and dont find much information on how fakesmc works so could not identify what im doing wrong. :banghead:

Can someone help ?

Im on 10.7.3, installed with Unibeast + Multibeast and DSDT from Database.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back