Contribute
Register

Vanilla Kernel and 10.6.7 with GA-P67A-UD5-B3 <GUIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuma said:
Consigliere said:
Ah, will try that... Don't know what any of those kexts do though. Do I not need them at all?

Also: Do I really have to boot from another drive to remove. Can't I just remove it in OS?

Well, I only say boot to another drive because if it's the same blue screen issue I was having with the same board (and that modified USB3 lacie extension), I could not get into the OS on that drive at all. It just would sit there on the first blue screen, and I would hear disk activity.

I always have a fully working rescue drive in case something like this goes wrong.

If you don't see that kext in the /S/L/E then it's a different problem perhaps... but AFAIK, that kext is incompatible with this board.

Thanks a lot m8!
I found the PXHXCD.kext and removed it. Started up fast as hell this time and didn't even see a blue screen for a second :)

I searched a bit in the forums but I didn't really get if it was needed for our USB hubs or not. If someone do tell me otherwise time will :) Thanks again.

Thanks fuma for helping me out with the long boot up after a fresh install.

Deleting the PXHCD.kext worked for me to in resolving this issue.

You have also given me great help in the past with your posts.

Thanks again!

PXHCD.kext is the usb3 driver. Since I don't have USB3 device, I also took it off since it only slows down the system.

Small but annoying!

1) Everytime I have to force a reboot of any reason. The system starts up with a F1Bios for 10 seconds or so and then reboots itself into F5. Is that really normal?

2) Recently the bootprocess hangs now and then and I need to force a reboot. (white screen grey apple with crossmark over it) In -v it says something about waiting for boot or root device. After a couple of reboots it start as normal again!?

Thanks.

1) This is the secondary bios booting in. It is normal and there seems no way to fix it. You can flash the primary bios (F5) to the secondary one by pressing alt-f10 f11 or f12 (never really sure which one it is) then bost bios will be at f5. Still heven't had any luck in configurating the second bios.

2) Wouldn't know why this would happen.

Consigliere said:
Small but annoying!

1) Everytime I have to force a reboot of any reason. The system starts up with a F1Bios for 10 seconds or so and then reboots itself into F5. Is that really normal?

2) Recently the bootprocess hangs now and then and I need to force a reboot. (white screen grey apple with crossmark over it) In -v it says something about waiting for boot or root device. After a couple of reboots it start as normal again!?

Thanks.

yeah, mine did this last night (i'm on F5 too)... I think thats a bug in the bios code (again?). F2 was like that and Gigabyte aknowledged it.. didnt notice anything adverse in F3... I guess i'll just live with it now too.

The worst thing is, when it resets my BIOS clock settings to default and then I can't get into the BIOS by hitting DEL because I am using an Apple usb keyboard.. sometimes it will get there if I hit DEL and remove the usb cable quickly (weird). I know the DEL key works because I can CTRL ALT DEL to reboot right after... I guess i need a cheap PC keyboard for getting into my BIOS now.

Xiola69 said:
Thanks fuma for helping me out with the long boot up after a fresh install.

Deleting the PXHCD.kext worked for me to in resolving this issue.

You have also given me great help in the past with your posts.

Thanks again!

No Prob...

Thats one big flaw with MulitBeast package installer... it should be an actual installer app or at least keep a log of the extensions it's installing and where it's putting them... for troubleshooting issues like this. An unistaller would be great for this too, seeing as he's aiming this at the newb sector (no offense).

His impementation of this package installer is basic, and it leaves a lot to be desired. You have to open his package in Pacifist and examine what's inside and the install path to fix some of these issues. (i just do that anyway and not use MB)

I can't be the only one who thinks this is the wrong way to do this. But I'll shut up before I get kicked off this board. :silent:

This is a hypothetical question, If you had the money to build the ultimate 6 to 12 core Hackintosh what hardware would you use and would you choose Intel or AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back