Contribute
Register

v310's First Build: Core i7-3770K - GA-Z77N-WIFI - 16GB RAM - GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There might be a solution to our sleeping problem in this thread. It appears that some people are able to get sleep working. http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...wifi-hdmi-audio-dsdt-causing-sleep-break.html

I am not exactly sure what they are talking about but will investigate further when I get back to my computer.

Let me/us know if anyone gets sleep to work.

Well, thanks for the tip, unfortunately it's still not working for me. Even without DSDT I have no video signal after wake up the computer. I did many tests extracting my own DSDT and applying the patches manually. Gtx 660ti is driving me crazy.

However, this method should fix the sleep issues for those who are using the onboard hdmi from ga-z77n-wifi.

Has anyone been able to get the USB ports on the side of the chassis to work? The ones on the back work fine. What is strange is that there is a light that is "on" on the USB but it isn't mounting. The headphone jack works! It does mute the sound coming out of the jack in the back of the computer (which is good!)

My side ports are connected to the usb 3.0 plug on the motherboard. I don't have any usb 3.0 devices to test it, I tried with 2.0 devices and they did not work.

I have a USB 3.0 device. I will test it on the side ports.

I am not sure but I think there was a way through the BIOS to make the side ports USB 1.1/ 2.0. I will test.

I've been able to use the USB 3.0 side ports, but with USB 3.0 devices only.

I have tried 4 different USB 3.0 devices and the all work fine.

Thanks B-San for letting us know!

Finally got it working. The CUDA drivers are installed. However, it still must be started in -x.

I never had a problem installing the CUDA drivers. I wonder what is different about your system than ours. Glad to hear you got it installed in any case.

I have it installed, but it's still an issue of having to boot in safe mode. Any ideas?

Sorry. No ideas. I haven't run into the problem. What happens if you don't run in Safe Mode?

I am on the NVDIA site looking to see if there are newer drivers but there don't appear to be. I might try different System Definitions. I am on 3,1. The drivers are "This driver update is for Mac Pro 5,1 (2010), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) and Mac Pro 3,1 (2008) users only."

V310 had good luck with 5,1. I am going to give it a try.

I had different memory sticks so I had to use different memory settings but everything seems to work.

I tried 5,1 and got a kernel panic.

I also tried the mac mini (6,1 I think) and the system ran slower.

When the new I7 system definitions are available I will try them. For now I will be happy to be on 3,1. Everything works great. (except for sleep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back