Contribute
Register

[UPDATED] mbar97/i3-2125/Z68A-D3H-B3/16GB RAM/GTS250 [VIDEO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mbar97 said:
ojx said:
Thanks bud!

I think i've tried both on and off and still stuck during the realtek part. Idk what is going on right now.

I'm going to keep searching for solutions while I'm running prime95 because of overclock.

I'll post back when I get some results!

Oh, right - I should let you know that I had to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No pre-Multibeast. I'll look up and old thread but I think that was what finally did it.

I did that once and the screen came up all weird. the 6850 should work OOB from the HCL i've read. I'll try it again once i finish stress testing and backing up my files

Ok so i've tried -v -f and -v GraphicsEnabler=No.

I've also tried the onboard video through VGA and still no luck. Why does it get stuck at realtek??!?
Update:
I've even booted it with the DSDT flag. Still stuck at lnx2mac realtek
Tried the new Unibeast 1.2. Still stuck loading realtek lan

Miles, if you help me, I will upvote all your post on ******. PM me your aim/gtalk/g+ username pleaseeee

BIG UPDATE
Took out my gfx card, disabled LAN in bios and I'm in! Installing now....
Update 2 : Sound, Lan, onboard gfx with GE=No. I can't figure out how to get my XFX 6850 to work. It's supposed to be supported out of the box...

With GE=No i get this

OnFWd.jpg

Tau said:
Mbar97 said:
EDIT 4 (3/29/12): Okay, so with the new Chimera 1.9 (thank you MacMan!) I have added that old 8600GT

Hi, i saw your update. Do you know if it's possible to manage the internal GPU to work for a secondary monitor?

tnx :)

ps good work, i love ur vids!!!

Thank you! Do you mean the internal mobo GPU or the HD3000? Cause I know people were able to do an HD3000/AMD combo and I believe it is possible to use the mobo GPU (there's a BIOS setting for this). I'm currently on vacation but I'll see what I can do when I get home. Thanks again for your nice comments!

I've finally got everything to work! I had to return my xfx6850 and picked up a gigabyte 6870 and qe/ci is enabled! Thank you Miles for all the help.

ojx said:
I've finally got everything to work! I had to return my xfx6850 and picked up a gigabyte 6870 and qe/ci is enabled! Thank you Miles for all the help.
No problem. Huge congrats on your build! My pleasure- Have you fixed the USB keyboard/mouse sleep error? Again, congrats.

Thanks! What do you mean USB sleep issue? I put it to sleep and woke it up just fine. The mouse took a while to become responsive. Also, I have been experiencing what I guess is a slow down whenever I load a page in chrome. Whenever I load a new website, if i'm playing a video, that video would pause for a bit. Sound will still play but the video pauses a bit then resumes after the page loads in chrome. Does that have to do something with screen buffer?

I've shot a video of the sleep/wake process.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmgnBKd_-iE[/VIDEO]​

ojx said:
Thanks! What do you mean USB sleep issue? I put it to sleep and woke it up just fine. The mouse took a while to become responsive. Also, I have been experiencing what I guess is a slow down whenever I load a page in chrome. Whenever I load a new website, if i'm playing a video, that video would pause for a bit. Sound will still play but the video pauses a bit then resumes after the page loads in chrome. Does that have to do something with screen buffer?

I've shot a video of the sleep/wake process.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmgnBKd_-iE[/VIDEO]​

Hey dude- yeah I had this samei issue where it took a while and then my USB devices had to be replugged to work. But these experimental DSDTs from MacMan fixed it all up! Hope it's all working well.

@Tau I think the internal mobo GPU should work- ill try it, but I know that HD3000 only works with AMD cards.

Tau said:
I've tried to reinstall w Multibeast using the experimental DSTD but internal GPU still not work and after sleep i can't wake up. Mmmmmm.. :(

Internal GPU should only work with the Mac MIni definition. try it out and report back

Tau said:
i though definitions was just a stilish thing..
Nope, they actually regulate many parts of how the kexts, etc, behave. Good luck!

Tau said:
no, still working only the nVidia. Maybe i have to remove the nvidia.

I thought you would have removed your nvidia card when testing the internals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back