Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to install ML on the SATA HDD just to see what would happen but I still get error to press/hold down the power button! grrr how do you install ML on the Ivy Bridge?

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Once Unibeast was completed everything working great. I noticed that unibeast timeline(progress bar) is screwed up though. Not just 1.5.3 but older versions to. No big deal for me as it completes the installation to USB but some people may think its stuck or not longer responding.

Just a curiosity. After the installation did you use multibeast? I did have your same problem with the progress bar and for some reasons it Lion worked without using multibeast. Just a curiosity.

In curious about something I probably did wrong

"In order to start fresh, you'll need access to a functional computer running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or later. This is a requirement, as you need OS X to create the installation drive."

I used a MacBook which already had Mountain Lion installed to create the installation drive, Am I only suppose to use Snow Leopard only?
Because after installation my (to be) hackintosh loads the apple logo but the the monitor goes off

Any help will be appreciated

I am a bit confused on the steps from installing the MLon a USB and then boot from which USB. (1) USB Having unibeast files created just now, (2) USB Having mountain lion..???..

STEP 3: Install OS X Mountain Lion
You're almost done! All you need to do is boot from the USB drive and install! Set your BIOS or UEFI to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode.

Which USB is this, Is it the unibeast USB or USB holding bootable mountain lion, please advice

Every works fine for me, I install over Lion, next I`ll made a clean install

you`re the man

Hi im new to this, ive read a lot in this forum and i feel like installing osx on my laptop to see what osx is really like.. just one question, is it possible to install osx mountain lion on my laptop without loosing my windows 7, and if possible would they affect each other file wise?

Hi im new to this, ive read a lot in this forum and i feel like installing osx on my laptop to see what osx is really like.. just one question, is it possible to install osx mountain lion on my laptop without loosing my windows 7, and if possible would they affect each other file wise?

From this page: http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-laptop-support/22238-lion-laptop-users-read-first.html

5) OS X can ONLY be installed on a disk using GPT, it does NOT support MBR. If you want to install on your current disk you will need to erase it in OS X or purchase a separate disk to install on. Any discussion of methods to circumvent this will be deleted as that is a violation of forum rules.

Hello Tony and fellow Hackintosh users,

Just a note to announce success! I just completed the Mountain Lion install. Video and network worked initially out of the box. I ran MultiBeast 5.0.2, and used my previous DSDT file, and used the RealTek 888 - legacy audio, and Lnx2Mac's RealtekRT81xx network choices. So far, so good.

Note - I did a fresh install of Mountain Lion over Snow Leopard (after partitioning), which is on a 128GB SSD. My working files are on a Caviar Black 1TB drive. So, far, so good!

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3l
Intel E7400 2.8 GHZ
Ev3A 9800GTX (Nvidia)
8GB RAM

Thanks Tony...I will make a contribution.

All the best,
Ralph

Attachments

• ML.tiff
    94.8 KB · Views: 248
I have an ASUS essentio cm6730 i5 3450 @ 3.1 ghz with an nVIDIA GeForce GT 520, windows 7 is pre-installed and I have a partition of 1.4GB called DATA (NTFS format) which I want to install Mountain Lion onto. So I can boot from USB, comes up to Chimera, I tab x2 to boot and type in PCIRootUID=0, the computer reads from USB stick for a few seconds, then restarts straight into windows.....SO FRUSTRATING! Can anyone help with this please? Thanks :)

Hi and Thank you for supporting us,
i do all steps carefully to install 10.8 and the installation process working like charm until reaching the last step (boot from HD) it's freeze on apple logo with gray back and when i try in safe mode it's working so please i need help i try to install 3 times but with out hope - and i was using 10.7 without any problems .

My computer :
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
CPU: i7 2600
Graphics : GTX 460
HD: 500GB
Memory : 1600 - 16MB
Bios : F6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back